Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have Ibs but last night my heart started beating really fast and I felt faint does anyone know why, is this a panic attack due to trapped wind or is there other reasons, I ended up in hospital last night they took bloods and I had an ecg but everything was fine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you have the ability, I would follow up with a primary. I had similar symptoms due to a severe potassium deficiency which is easy to treat, but I’m guessing they tested that in the ER. Panic attacks are also treatable, if that’s what it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Splenic flexure syndrome" is when the splenic flexure stays contracted causes a buildup of gas and pressure. It is often mistaken for a heart attack because the symptoms are basically identical. I used to have really bad anxiety and panic attacks when I got bad flare ups. One time I had the symptoms of a heart attack (racing heart, high blood pressure, fatigue, dizziness, tingling in my left arm and face, ect), and I coughed up mucus covered in blood and dropped to my knees and nearly lost consciousness. A few months ago I started addressing my back pain and it seems like my left side back has been compressed and knotted from my neck down to my hip. So I started seeing an osteopath/chiropractor. I was informed that compression in your back can pinch nerves that can trigger spasms in the intestines. For the first time in 5 years my symptoms are improving now that I'm doing decompression work/e-stim therapy with a chiro. Every morning I lay on an acupuncture mat (super affordable), and after a bit my intestines begin to relax and untighten. Tiger-balm and a heating pad also help. For the first time in years it feels like my life is manageable and worth living again. Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts