Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have Ibs but last night my heart started beating really fast and I felt faint does anyone know why, is this a panic attack due to trapped wind or is there other reasons, I ended up in hospital last night they took bloods and I had an ecg but everything was fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you have the ability, I would follow up with a primary. I had similar symptoms due to a severe potassium deficiency which is easy to treat, but I’m guessing they tested that in the ER. Panic attacks are also treatable, if that’s what it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Splenic flexure syndrome" is when the splenic flexure stays contracted causes a buildup of gas and pressure. It is often mistaken for a heart attack because the symptoms are basically identical. I used to have really bad anxiety and panic attacks when I got bad flare ups. One time I had the symptoms of a heart attack (racing heart, high blood pressure, fatigue, dizziness, tingling in my left arm and face, ect), and I coughed up mucus covered in blood and dropped to my knees and nearly lost consciousness. A few months ago I started addressing my back pain and it seems like my left side back has been compressed and knotted from my neck down to my hip. So I started seeing an osteopath/chiropractor. I was informed that compression in your back can pinch nerves that can trigger spasms in the intestines. For the first time in 5 years my symptoms are improving now that I'm doing decompression work/e-stim therapy with a chiro. Every morning I lay on an acupuncture mat (super affordable), and after a bit my intestines begin to relax and untighten. Tiger-balm and a heating pad also help. For the first time in years it feels like my life is manageable and worth living again. Hope this helps

·
Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
103 Posts
Sometimes, you can experience a rapid heart rate from a histamine reaction to foods you don't tolerate well. What had you eaten prior to your rapid heart rate episode? It can also be wise to be screened for hyperthyroidism, if they didn't test for that, as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts