Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

heart palpitations with IBS attack.... anyone else ??

434 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BQ 
#1 ·
I had a big attack of D today, and I noticed at the same time I was getting heart palpitations.Has anyone else experienced this during an attack ??

#2 ·
I've been getting palpitations lately but not just during D attack. Many times if you have lots of D you can loose too much potassium which in turn causes palpitations. I've been having all sort of weird heart episodes lately and will be going to my cardiologist on Thursday where she will be going over my heart monitor and blood test results. Hopefully the blood test shows I have low potassium because that would be the easist to fix - otherwise it doesn't seem like my doc can figure out what's going on.

#3 ·
Sure, in the past. I find that the more I don't get keyed up about an attack, the less I had them. I was just thinking the day before yesterday, that I haven't had any palps in quite awhile. I think if your heart has been listened to lately and has been found to beat just fine, the less concern, the better.I know being calm when your heart feels like it is doin the disco, is tough. But I just tried to squeeze more relaxation into the days and I have lots less "Mombo" cardiac experiences.
BQ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.