Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,I am recently experiencing some heartburn.Especially when my stomach is full, i feel(actually feel it as compared to other times when i cant) gas leaking. So i go for D.Then after D, i feel a heartburn.Also when my stomach/abdomen feels light i feel heartburn.BTW...my background is i have a problem of LG and constipation. I am now drinking lots of water daily(more than 4 litres). I drink hot water mixed with flaxseed+cummin powder. This is atleast 2-3 glasses each in the morning and night. I try and eat only vegetarian. I am taking 4-5 smaller meals than 3 huge meals(This is helping me).So i just cant understand the heartburn. I mean why does this happen when my stomach feels empty.Also i dont understand this process. My stomach feels heavy and is bloated(i have a big belly/paunch comapred to my weight 77kg and 172cms). Then after sometime i feel passing gas. So i go for D to releive myself. So now has the stomach also emptied. I thought only waste material in colon emptied. So stomach contents should remain same. Or is it that during D, the stomach also empties.Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The stomach empties on its own schedule. You might be feeling the belly and thinking it is the stomach, the actual stomach is up under the ribs and usually feels more like it is in the chest rather than the belly.Persistent heartburn needs to be checked out. If you have acid reflux disease it might be something you need treated.If it is more of a gastritis thing than a GERD thing that might be more troublesome on an empty stomach.In any case this sounds like it is frequent and persistant enough to get it evaluated by the doctor.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.