Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually they test for this in people with Upper GI problems as it lives in the stomach lining. (so symptoms of ulcers, or gastritis, or heartburn, pain up by the chest, for me it was more of a hunger pain that wouldn't go away even when I ate).I got tested for it when I had gastritis symptoms (the unending hungar with some heartburn thing) but I didn't have it. We think my symptoms were from too many NSAID's that I needed to take.K.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tested positive for it about a year ago. They put my on a antibiotic/prevacid/pepto-bismol prescription for two weeks. It seems like it worked for awhile then all my symptoms came back. I need to do a follow-up blood test to see if it's been erradicated.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I tested positive for this a few years ago. The dr put me on a two-week course of two antibiotics and prilosec. At first I had even more D & G than usual, but after a couple of weeks, I felt totally normal again. It was great! Unfortunately it didn't last long. A month or two at most. But it was great while it lasted. And I was retested just to make sure it didn't come back, but the test came back negative.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks getoutside.. wlhx you had no need to put the caps on , i have never seen your post(s) but anyway thanks for including it. hi mom 777 i think ill be put onto antibiotics if its positive thanks for replying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.