Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody taken helidac? My GI gave me the choose between helidac or amoxicillin. I have taken amox. in the past and gives me pretty bad diarrhea. I tested neg for h. pylori but GI found gastric intritis and wants to treat for that had endoscopy last monday. Any experience or suggestions for either treatment would be helpful? Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is what I have been told about Helidac for H. Pyloria. I tested positive for that during my Upper GI. And the doctor prescribed it for me, however, I didn't have health insurance at the time and could not afford to get the helidac because it is VERY expensive. So I didn't take it. When I went to this other doctor, that I'm not going to anymore because I don't believe he should be in the medical profession, he asked me if I had taken it and I said no and explained why. He said that there is a big discussion right now on whether you should get rid of the H. Pyloria because not having enough bacteria in your stomach can cause something to happen and if you take the helidac it will wipe all of it out. As mentioned in another post, Im' going to a new doctor this month so I'm going to ask this one what his view is and see...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts