Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was not a good day. I had to get up early, and if you knew me, early is before 10am! I don't sleep well, so my deep sleep is usually in the wee hours of the morning. I had to go out, and knew I wouldn't be back until after 5pm. I should've gotten up earlier so I didn't have to rush around; sucked down my coffee, tried to eat a mix of yogurt and a banana, but since, I was rushing, my stomach was not interested. Couldn't "go" before I left. Needless to say, had to "go" later when I wasn't home. Thankfully, my sister's house was near the location I was at, so I borrowed her bathroom. Unfortunately, it was "one of those days" where it was incomplete evacuation, stomach aching, and nasty nausea. By 3pm, I was feeling kind of hungry, so hit the drive-thru, grabbed a burger, and by 5, 6, and 7, visited my own bathroom! Sitting here, sharing my pity story
and my stomach is still making me aware that it's THERE!! I keep telling "it" that it should take a nap... a LONG nap!!!
Oh, well... tomorrow is another day, and who knows, maybe in a while, "it" will take a nap!! Trying to give myself a day break from the immodium. I think it's good to do that if you can. I didn't pick the best day to do it, but everyday seems to be kinda busy this week, so onward!! Thanks for being there for me to share!

·
Registered
213 Posts
It always seems to happen on the day you need to get stuff done, doesn't it?I know about the "sleeping in late thing". I tell people "I'm not a morning person". I don't mind getting up early, it's just that my stomach and colon have other ideas. Oh well, I just have to adjust.May I ask, why do you take a day off from Immodium?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
{{{{{{{Jan}}}}}}} -- SO sorry about your rough day! Sign... with IBS, "not a morning person" does take on a new meaning... Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lillett;I don't really have to take a day off, or a break, it's just sometimes, I think it's good to let things "run it's course" especially if I know I'm going to be home all day. I take alot of immodium, especially as a preventative for when I'm going out, so that's why I'll take the occasional break.Thanks, Cheri! You always show such caring in your posts!! Hugs to you!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Poor Jan, I'm not a morning person either. I absolutely hate to have to be somewhere early as I know my IBS is worse in the mornings, if I have to be there in the afternoon, I'm usually ok, but anything at 8am? bang! the big D all day long. And I'm starting nursing school full time on January, hope I can cope with those 6 till 6 clinicals...I think I'm going to buy a giant box of Immodium in preparation...
. Hope you have a better day tomorrow

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Moni!I hear ya on the Immodium!
I know, mornings suck, and alarm clocks should be banned forever!!
Good for you on nursing school! That's an awesome goal! You can do it! We'll help ya through it! Your patients will be very fortunate, 'cause you already know what it's like to suffer, so you'll be a very compassionate nurse! And, the best thing is, you're not letting your IBS control your life! Pat yourself on the back!!
Tomorrow will be better, because I'm not leaving this house if I can possibly help it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for those kind words Jan! This semester was a strugle at college, my IBS was really bad, but the semester before that was really good, so here's hoping for a good term next. I'm not leaving my house today either, but tomorrow I've got a dentist appointment at 8am! yuck...dentist + 8am= IBS...so wish me luck. I had to get an early appointment cause my youngest gets home from school at 11. Oh well...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Thanks and right back at ya, Jan!
i've been receiving so much caring and kindness from people here on the BB, which has made such a difference in my otherwise miserable days with this painful problem! I am truly thankful to all who care so much, and it's hard not to become part of this positive energy!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Lillett!Well, when I started out I didn't have so much pressure, now I'm an A student, I feel like I have to carry on making A's...the pressure is from myself. Also it didn't help that my Anatomy teacher told us on the first day of class that she doesn't like students getting up a lot, so just the thought of needing the restroom in the middle of that class sets my d going. But I talked with her, and she was ever so nice about it, she said I can go to the bathroom anytime even in the middle of an exam, knowing that helped a lot.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moni;That you were able to talk to your teacher about it is great!!! Some people won't even discuss this problem, illness, pain in the a**!!
See that, we turned my post from "helluva day" to "positive reinforcement day"!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
yeah... sorry for hijacking it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.