Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first time here so hello to all! I've had stomach/bowel problems for roughly 6 years now, and as far as I can tell it's down to IBS. I've seen doctors about this (who weren't particularly helpful), and they put me on Colofac the 1st time, and Colpermin the 2nd and 3rd times. When these didn't have any effect I then tried a product called 'Colon Clean' (lovely name!) which is something I believe is called 'Physillium husks', which you take in water, and not only did they not work either they were especially foul. As my desperation continued, I tried an entire course of hypnotherapy, and then colonic irrigation in the hope that they would succeed where medicine had failed, but again, no joy. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone how horrible, debilitating and humiliating all this can be, and so because I really have had enough of effectively losing any chance of a normal life to this condition I did a search on the net, which not only led me here, but first of all to a site promoting a product called 'molocure', which if the testimonials on the site are anything to go by would suggest that it is extremely effective in removing/lessening the effects of IBS. I was quite prepared to try it until I saw the price (roughly �112 for a jar of tablets) but if they are as good as they say then I will gladly part with the money. I was wondering if anyone on these boards has heard of or had any experience with this product? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Bwoose, Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the board. I have never heard of molocure - would it be possible for you to post a link to the site that you found? As a general rule, most IBSers are really really wary of trying products which claim to "cure" ibs because, as a group we're a pretty easy target for these sorts of things. I"m guessing from what your doctor has had you try you are IBS-C...though i could be wrong. If you are a little more specific with your symptoms, i'm sure you will get some responses from people with ways to help.i hope you are feeling well today!kac

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome kac! The address for molocure is www.molocure.com. I'm skeptical about it too (although they go to pains to address peoples fears on the site, and there are a lot of testomonials from satisfied customers), but I figure I won't know if it's any good unless I try it. Fair enough, it could be an operation to screw people out of money, but I am encouraged by the fact that they are registered with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org). It's a lot of money to pay out though, but I want rid of this 'syndrome', so I'm quite prepared to try it on the basis that I've run out of options!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Bwoose, Well the site definitely tries to cover the products backside doesn't it...Have you really exhausted all the other options that people on here have tried? If you are C mainly, have you tried zelnorm? or magnesium? etc.. I am throwing some things out there becuase a lot of them i never would have heard of before this site. If you are willing to try it, i'm not trying to talk you out of it but that is a LOT of money for a little bottle of pills, when a bottle of magnesium is considerably cheaper....just a thought ...Hope things are going well and please post if you do get it, if it was worth it or not.-Kac

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again Kac,you're absolutely right, there are a LOT of alternatives I haven't tried, but I've decided to go ahead and risk it with these pills anyway. I've decided to try and ignore my cynical side which says "this is too good to be true", because I'd rather just see if they are as good as the testimonials say-if so then great, if not then I'll just have to face up to the arduous task of trying alternatives until I (hopefully) find something that works for me. What really attracts me to them is that (again, as long as the info on the site is true) they are more of a 'solution', as opposed to something which only offers a certain degree of relief. Besides, now I know they're available, there'd always be a voice in the back of my mind saying "what about that molocure stuff?" all the time I was trying alternate remedies! Well, I'm off to order them now, so as soon as I start taking them I'll be sure to let you and the good people of this board know of my experience with them-fingers crossed it's a good one!

·
Registered
487 Posts
hello there bwoose and welcome to the board , nice to see someone from england
I can only to well recognise the problems you have had with your doctor as doctors in England dont really care much about IBS patients. I have not tried the new product you are talking about and I dont think I would try it either , there is to many hoax out there ( people try to make money on IBS patients ) I would not try it. I can recommed trying Spasmonal thou , I was on colofac and fybogel and all the other stuff at the start but they didnt work what so ever , in the end I tried Spasmonal which really works for me ( its an anti spasm drug like colofac ) Are you IBS C or D ? have you tried keeping a food diary ? there is so many things to try out. Anyway im glad u found us and hope ull stick around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Shadowz, pleased to meet you too! I understand perfectly what you're saying, it's just that after six years of no joy with any kind of therapy or medication I'm quite prepared to take the risk! If it turns out to be a hoax, then at least I'll know for certain, and I'll be able to tell everyone here so that they won't make the same mistake. As for my condition, I'd say I'm a bit C&D, and as for a food diary, I don't keep one but I know that pasta screws me up, and I'm a lot better off since I completely cut out the alcohol! Anyway, the pills have been ordered and I should have them in the next 7-14 days, so here's hoping! Thanks for the welcome matey, talk to you soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right-this is my 5th day of taking molocure, and so far so good! I started taking them on Tuesday, and today (Saturday) was the first time since then that I've had a 'movement'! That may be due to the fact that part of the treatment also requires you to take Imodium (to stop the diarrhea in order to aid the molocure in its work), but I've only taken 6 since I started the treatment. From day 1 my condition has been much improved-the only real obstacle has been letting go of all my old fears, and getting used to having the very strange feeling of 'near normal' bowels! I know it's early days yet, but for the first time since I don't-know-when, I was able to travel 12 miles/40 minutes on a bus to go shopping with my fiance (the return journey was longer due to traffic-nearly an hour), without feeling threatened by my stomach once. Even during the 4 hours we were shopping I didn't feel the need to make sure I was within sprinting distance of a toilet. It's very strange, but absolutely fantastic to feel this way, and I'm hoping that sticking at the course of tablets will lead to even happier results! I'll be sure to keep any of you who are interested informed of the ups and (hopefully not!) downs of the coming month-any questions, please feel free to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.