Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im being kicked back and forth between having chrons and IBS.Right now im going to start taking Donatal. Twice a day for lord knows how long. Till it doesnt work anymore I guess.Can anyone who has taken this drug give me some insight?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi. It's an antispasmodic, although from what I can gather not one of the stronger one's as it's over the counter (is it Donnatel you mean?). I didnt have much luck with it but other people have.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
www.healthsquare.com
quote:Donnatal is a mild antispasmodic medication; it has been used with other drugs for relief of cramps and pain associated with various stomach, intestinal, and bowel disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, acute colitis, and duodenal ulcer.
quote:One of its ingredients, phenobarbital, is a mild sedative.
Hope it works well for you!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Silent Sufferer Suffering:It's prescription only in the States.Donnatal is what it's called here.
Oops, sorry! I didn't know!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well lets hope it works. I know I was treated for IBS way back in 2002 when this all started and was put on something similar.Apparently this is supposed to be "stronger"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya donnatal is the same as belladonna. Not sure in what respects, but my generic px is called Bellatal and the doc was talking about Belladonna when he handed me the script.And its been at least 8 years since this all started and they treated me for IBS so im really not sure what I was on.However my doctor even acknowledged that weve gone this route once and had no luck. He says these are stronger than the ones before and that theres another drug he will try after this....however he said it could make my condition worse... >_<Someday ill be able to cry real tears...

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i hope that these drugs work now and yo dont have to try any other ones.....especially if it has the change to make it worse...none of us need that!! how are you feeling with the drugs you are now? do u notice a difference? keep me posted!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.