Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I've been a lurker for quite a few days but now I decided to introduce myself ^^;;. I'm Naomi, 22 years old and I'm from Peru. I have to admit that I felt happy to find this forum, and a bit relieved because I'm not in the only one in this situation. Last year I was "diagnosed" (saying that because one doctor listened to my symptoms once and concluded I had IBS just like that) with IBS, but I've been living with this problem for more than 5 years already. This whole thing started when one day (my 16th birthday, go figure!) I was very close to having an "accident" while I was in the car with my family, and since that day going to places is such a hard thing for me to do (be it in car, bus, etc), specially when it comes to long distances. Going to university is torture for me, as it's 1 hour away from home, but I do my best; and most of my free time is spent at home. I suffer from generalized anxiety and I tend to suffer from loose stool and diarrhea; I feel gassy and my stomach gets loose when I eat certain stuff that triggers my symptoms (greasy foods, dairy, sweets, even cold drinks), as well as in situations that generate anxiety. For years I've used Loperamide (Immodium?), about 1-2 pills everyday, and 3 years ago a psychiatrist prescribed me Sertraline for the anxiety, but I felt it didn't do much on me so I quit it after a few months. I also stopped seeing that psychiatrist, and haven't actually seen any other doctors since then.Since last year I decided not to take any medication, and most of the times I manage to leave the house without it (though my time spent in the bathroom before leaving the house has increased considerably, more than 1 hour x_x). I also tried an audio program for my anxiety, but I left it in stand-by (procrastination, much? ._.). And well, that's the short version of my story; and even though my situation is not the worst, living like this is indeed very restricting and I hope I can enjoy life again. Nice to meet you all!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.