Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Welcome SamanthaHave you seen our FAQ thread.. (Freq Asked ?'s) ??You can find it here:http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=104883You might want to talk to your Dr about trying an antidepressant..... They have been known to help with pain. I know you are young and that sometimes they are hesistant to try them with teens but the dosages that will help for IBS are usually much lower than the ones prescribed for depression. Ask your Dr about them. Also I have done the IBS Audioprogram which is Hypnotherapy.. on CD's done at home. I found that program worked on my IBS pain better than even narcotics.Visit our CBT/Hypnotherapy Forum for more info. You can find it by using the site navigator at the bottom right of every page.There you will also see a Forum JUST for kids like you!It is called the Teens & Children's Forum! So hop on over there and you will see you are far from alone!Sorry you had to find us but glad you did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do anyone know any tips how to make the pain less painful?
Hi Samantha,I personally think a change in diet is the best way to reduce the pain. Reduce your sugar, reduce your fruit, reduce your fibre and carbohydrates. eat meals that do not involve jars or packets and eat natural foods - chicken and vegetables for example. It worked for me. Meals higher in fat and protein do not cause as much pain, bloating, or diarrhea - in my experience.Good LuckAlan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.