Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all, I'm new here and im also excited. Im a guy who for 7 years I have been suffering from this illness that has caused my life misery, and yet I never knew what it was. I went to the a doctor and got a colonoscopy and some blood tests done but they found nothing. I always though it was lactose intolerance but I still got attacks anyway. I came across the information of IBS and it matches me exactly. I really hope I can learn to cope better with my illness now that i am here. I was thinking about seeking a psychologist, as I find sometimes I could'nt deal with the pain of my attacks. I'd just sit there while having intense cramping and I just felt like I was going to fall over and die. Since I've read the information on IBS, I don't have any worries anymore. Sometimes I would get bad anxiety attacks and make myself believe it was a bacteria like salmonella or a parasite or something, but I don't care anymore. Thanks for being there for me, I don't think I could live much longer. PS: Even though I was never diagnosed with IBS, there is no other possible thing it could be. I got the swine flu last year which almost killed me, as I lost half of my weight in one week, and since the i've been a lot different. I used to be chunky but now I am as thin as a twig and loving it. For me i tend to be more of a IBS-A type of person, as sometimes I have attacks and sometimes I dont have to go for a week and then I get a really bad attack.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts