Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got out of hospital a few weeks ago after being kept in for nearly a week for observation following a gastric bleed. This is after being in for a fortnight in total 4 or 5ish weeks previous to that where I had about 3 bleeds (I was let out then took relases within a few hours twice!)and I've needed transfusions of about 11 units of blood in total over this time. The same thing happened 4 and a half years ago too and was just written off as unexplained gastric bleeding and not further investigated as I never took a relapse over that time until these more recent incidents.They still don't know the cause of my gastric bleeding and I've already had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, half an enteroscopy(this had to be halted as apparently I took a panic attack while under sedation), capsule endoscopy and barium meal xrays which failed to show anything. They've no plans to give me a scan atm- I'm to attend an appointment in 2 months and be re-assessed then.I'm to continue taking iron to replace the lost blood and omeprazole to protect my stomach lining for the time beingOne doctor said it was possible they might not even find anything which I find hugely worrying re the gastric bleeding especially as it feels like I have a time bomb waiting to go off. I don't trust my body and feeling in the slightest bit off is making me a bag of nerves and just feel as if my life is on hold until the results and maybe even after that if I don't get an answer. IBS-D is flaring up something awful- not sure if it's just the omeprazole side effects or all the anxiety. I'm also getting married in less than 4 weeks (I'm not actually MrsS quite yet, lol) and I'm hoping imodium or pepto bismol will save my day being ruined by IBS

·
Registered
17 Posts
Geez, they don't know for sure what's going on?? That sounds crazy. What you're going through is serious (11 transfusions) and they can't find the cause of it all? I'd be getting second opinions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts