Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am really glad i found this site, actually my mom found this site. i have been battling this crappy condition for at least four years, three before i knew what it was, i'm a very busy and so my mom has been doing all the research for me. i'm 20 and home from school for the summer, so i guess its time i find out about this thing that i'm going to deal with for the rest of my life. i've had my share of close calls, very close calls, and spending more time in the bathroom during a day than out. i'm type d i guess. but what i found at school that worked really well was a bran muffin every morning. i think that they were super bran muffins though because i haven't found muffins any where else that worked quit so well. but my biggest fear becuase i'm a music major and performer, is that one day i'll be in the middle of a concert and my nerves will get to me and i'll have to run off stage. i would be mortified. so i'm here for all the suggestions i can get. so i'm going to purchase that clatrate which seems to be the wonder product, and thanks to those before me who got this thing started, its really great. piage

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Paige Marie and welcome!I hope the Caltrate works for you. It doesn't for everybody, but thankfully for many of us. Other things to consider: keeping a food diary to try to ID trigger foods, Acidolphilus, Immodium, Metamucil, and anti-spasmodic meds. such as Levsin. As you go through the posts, there are other remedies suuggested. Keep experimenting and hopefull you'll find the right routine for you.I played in the orchestra in high school, so I can understand your concern. Perhaps before a performance you could try not eating much and bland foods, take immodium, and something like Levsin which your doctor can prescribe. I always feel better knowing I've taken preventative measures which helps to lessen the anxiety.I played the violin, what do you play?Take care and let us know how you're doing!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hi paige - welcome to the board.So, you are type "D"? Yep, do try the Caltrate Plus. I have been having amazing success with it. I used to be like you, in the bathroom more than out of it, and I also had trouble holding it. Since starting the Caltrate, although I wouldn't say my bowel movements are firm, they are firmer and I can hold it now. I have had 2 bouts of "D" in the month or so since I started taking the Caltrate, to be honest with you. But, the first time was because of my period (us ladies seem to get "D" anyway with our periods) and the second time it may have been a combination of things, not really positive what exactly caused it - I'd stopped taking Metamusil which I had been taking daily and when I started taking it again, all was well again. Apparently Metamusil is a bulking agent that is good for both "C" and "D", so my doctor says. So, anyway, try the Caltrate and give it time, sometimes it takes awhile to get the dosage right for you, I take 3 a day and 4 around the time of my periods. I also take the Metamusil, as I've said, and Lactaid for milk intolerance.Good luck to you - keep us posted on how you're doing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts