Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY!I am really, really scared. I think I have diarrehea, and I am really nauseous. I am freaking out, I don't know what is wrong with me? Am I sick??? I have been nauseaous all day long, and I had to hold in my diarrhea. Is something going to happen to me?? I am having a panic attack as I type. I am shaking and crying and I am terrified!PLEASEMolly Answer this as fast as you can!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm not Molly
but maybe this will help.Do you have IBS? or is this your first bout with GI illness?Diarrhea is loose, watery, or urgent stools.Sometimes if you have a GI virus or food poisoning you may also feel nauseous with the whole having diarrhea thing.Generally this is a passing thing and most people feel just fine after a day or three.If you cannot keep down fluids at all, or get to where you have more watery diarrhea than you can keep up by drinking fluids you might need medical treatment, but most people survive these occasional bouts of GI illness just fine with a bit of careful eating for a few days (start with clear soups and other clear liquids until you feel better then add bland things like bananas applesauce rice and toast, then go back to normal food).Panic may make diarrhea worse as it effects your physiology in ways that can cause diarrhea so try to be calm and it will help. If you cannot control your panic attacks on your own, you may need to go to the doctor for that. But try the take deep slow breaths and think calm thoughts and see if that helps. If you have fears of throwing up or going to the bathroom in public that start the panic, you may also want to talk to the doctor about that.K.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Molly,Weren't you the 14/15 year old worried because you hadn't started yet? You might not have to worry about it much longer. Seek help from an adult or doctor if your symptoms worsen.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Molly,Sorry I scared you honey. I just meant that maybe you were getting ready to start. I saw, I believe, two posts concerning that topic, so maybe your body was already trying to tell you something? It's been a few hours since you originally posted. Are you feeling any better? We all know how feeling sick and then getting panicky over it is no fun. Make sure you talk to a doctor or a trusted adult if it doesn't get better. Let us know you're alright. -- Dee

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I am alright. I think that medicine I took got to me pretty badly. Since it is a bowel movement medicine and all. Thanks for asking. How is it a sign I am fixing to start? My mom said the same thing.Molly

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sorta like misery loves company.GI symptoms are common when woman have their period. All the parts are close together down there so sometimes when something is happening with one thing, the part next to it starts causing trouble as well.K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.