Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have gone from bad to worse very quickly. I posted a bit back about what was going on with me: told i have IBS, and ovarian cysts.The cysts are being treated with BC, but have yet to have a normal period since. The IBS (if that is what it is) is out of control! I went to the ER last friday because the pain, and dizziness was so bad, i was affraid to drive to work. They ran another CT, and my colon was dilated, and so now i go to another Gastero Doc, but not till Jan 4th?!?!? Was put on new med: Reglan, and that seems to be making the dizziness and nausea worse, and i thought that was what it was given for...I went to work for 1 hour this morning, and had to beat it home beacuse of horrible D, so bad. i am now waiting for my doctor to call me back, don't know what to do... What can i possiblly tell my boss, my work? It is a new job too, which they are being SOOOO understanding, but i know that there is only so much of that before they will get tired of this, i know i ran out of patience long long ago.
DOES ANYONE have advise on what to do about the work situation?
DOES ANYONE have advise on the severe D, nausea, and dizziness?? i mean the dizziness is so bad that i think it may be causing the nausea and lightheadedness, and i really feel as tho i shouldn't drive...I am at my wit's end.thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm not IBS D, but I do have some advice on the job. The best thing to do is just be honest. Go in with your supervisor and lay it all out. Be as detailed or not as detailed as you feel comfortable. With this being a new job it is imperative that someone know and understand what is going on. Explain your situation and how horrible you are obviously feeling about being away from your job. Letting them know will only make you feel better and relieve some stress. Good luck with everything and I hope you get some answers soon. Not knowing is worse than knowing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm not IBS D, but I do have some advice on the job. The best thing to do is just be honest. Go in with your supervisor and lay it all out. Be as detailed or not as detailed as you feel comfortable. With this being a new job it is imperative that someone know and understand what is going on. Explain your situation and how horrible you are obviously feeling about being away from your job. Letting them know will only make you feel better and relieve some stress. Good luck with everything and I hope you get some answers soon. Not knowing is worse than knowing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your advise.Yes, i do take calcium.The job answer is a great one, thank you. I was just sitting here trying to think about what to do for today and tomorrow, and now i will just call in to my boss and ask her for time to talk today. I am meeting with a gastero doc tomorrow, so will miss all day tomorrow, and today am still dealing with horrible D, so i really don't want to leave the house, not at all.Thank you for your advise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your advise.Yes, i do take calcium.The job answer is a great one, thank you. I was just sitting here trying to think about what to do for today and tomorrow, and now i will just call in to my boss and ask her for time to talk today. I am meeting with a gastero doc tomorrow, so will miss all day tomorrow, and today am still dealing with horrible D, so i really don't want to leave the house, not at all.Thank you for your advise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.