Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in remission for almost 2 years of the IBS pain, but was always still C. The pain went to the bladder, and again, ton's of testing and nothing. Anyway, Feb 8th, I got the worst Flu Bug of my life, lasted close to 5 weeks!!! Lot's of other people had it that long too. NOW, my IBS is killing me!!! The bloating pain, loose stools daily have weakened me and brought me down... Can a virus bring back IBS like this? I don't have any bladder pain the minute the IBS came back!!! This is madness!!! The benzo, Klonopin, isn't doing the trick like it did 2 years ago. I'm about to take a month off of work, or leave and move back up north with my family. Any advise? Anyone had this situation or have an explanation???HELP!!!! Old timer here in dyer need and support....Breck

·
Registered
459 Posts
bkitts,Sorry I don't have any advice on what to do, I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon, and keep us updated on how your're doing...sorry you feel bad,
, Marriah

·
Registered
459 Posts
bkitts,Sorry I don't have any advice on what to do, I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon, and keep us updated on how your're doing...sorry you feel bad,
, Marriah

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Bk, IBS can wax and wane and yes a virus can bring it back on again.It might also be your system is still not balanced yet after the fact and when it becomes balanced again you will feel better. Sorry to hear its back, but I hope it goes back into remission soon for you.The viral infections mess with hormones and other chemicals in the body that throw the balance out.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Bk, IBS can wax and wane and yes a virus can bring it back on again.It might also be your system is still not balanced yet after the fact and when it becomes balanced again you will feel better. Sorry to hear its back, but I hope it goes back into remission soon for you.The viral infections mess with hormones and other chemicals in the body that throw the balance out.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
One more thing, anti-biotics can throw the system out of balance also and just for the sake of it you might want some probiotics for now to normalize the flora in your gut.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
One more thing, anti-biotics can throw the system out of balance also and just for the sake of it you might want some probiotics for now to normalize the flora in your gut.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
One more aside LOL, if your symptoms change dramatically go see the doc it maybe worrth it anyway, if you were on anti biotics you don't want to get c dif either.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
One more aside LOL, if your symptoms change dramatically go see the doc it maybe worrth it anyway, if you were on anti biotics you don't want to get c dif either.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies Eric!! I've been taking probiotics for awhile. I think I had the flu so long I became obsessed about it and paranoid. The problem is now I'm waking up in the morning nervous as can be, and then the IBS starts kicking in!!! My nerves are in horrible shape and it's effecting the IBS I'm sure. I am having all the stool tests to make sure nothing grows, etc...You know, I have the same ol feelings in the gut and mind I had 6 years ago the very first time I had this. I think my system has just not returned to normal conditions as you spoke. Doctor's have done 4 different complete workups and everything is normal, as all the other visits over the years!!! Guess I was just so used to not having this, although it moved to the bladder, that it's freaked me out and nearly froze me in my tracks!!!Doctor's have also said I have Fibromyalgia, and I have a book on it that says 60% of people with it have IBS and bladder problems. Thanks for your support on here.......God BlessBreck

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies Eric!! I've been taking probiotics for awhile. I think I had the flu so long I became obsessed about it and paranoid. The problem is now I'm waking up in the morning nervous as can be, and then the IBS starts kicking in!!! My nerves are in horrible shape and it's effecting the IBS I'm sure. I am having all the stool tests to make sure nothing grows, etc...You know, I have the same ol feelings in the gut and mind I had 6 years ago the very first time I had this. I think my system has just not returned to normal conditions as you spoke. Doctor's have done 4 different complete workups and everything is normal, as all the other visits over the years!!! Guess I was just so used to not having this, although it moved to the bladder, that it's freaked me out and nearly froze me in my tracks!!!Doctor's have also said I have Fibromyalgia, and I have a book on it that says 60% of people with it have IBS and bladder problems. Thanks for your support on here.......God BlessBreck

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
My IBS is always worse if I'm sick, or after I've been sick. I don't have any clue why but it is! Usually takes me a few weeks to get back to "normal". Sometimes longer. And since you were so bad off I bet that's what is happening to you.Gosh 5 weeks is much too long to have the flu!! You poor thing! I'm glad it finally went away for you! I hope the IBS calms down a bit now too!Jennifer

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
My IBS is always worse if I'm sick, or after I've been sick. I don't have any clue why but it is! Usually takes me a few weeks to get back to "normal". Sometimes longer. And since you were so bad off I bet that's what is happening to you.Gosh 5 weeks is much too long to have the flu!! You poor thing! I'm glad it finally went away for you! I hope the IBS calms down a bit now too!Jennifer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts