Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this recipe was passed to me by my mom who also suffers from bowel problems, I have suffered with colitis as well as ibs, and in the past five yrs have had to deal with a lot of pain from constipation,i hope this will help you all too...please let me know if it does my email address is grahamdeb###hotmail.com1 cup prunes1 cup raisins(soaked in hot water then drained)1 cup datescut these up quite small and put them into a pot, then add1/2 cup orange juice1/2 cup prune juicebring this all to a boil , then let simmer for about 30 minutes . you can add more of the juices if it sticks.it looks like a jam or spread when it is done.use 1 tablespoon full every morning,either just like that or on some bran type bread. i like the taste of it so i just have a large tablespoon at breakfast..this stuff will not take away all of the bloating but it really does help. it takes about 2 days to start working, i was not having a bm for about 6 or 7 days and now i go at least once a day!!!!please let me know how you make out with this stuff, good luck every-one.....deb

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Wow, I wish I could have this. I identified the sugar in fruits as being one of my worst triggers. Raisins are real bad for causing gas - I didn't know this until my GI gave me a list. Sure enough, when I stopped snacking on them (I had been under the impression it was healthy) some of my pain went away. For 2 days I've had a fruit craving, but if I even eat some jam I'll have a flare-up that lasts for days.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Wow, I wish I could have this. I identified the sugar in fruits as being one of my worst triggers. Raisins are real bad for causing gas - I didn't know this until my GI gave me a list. Sure enough, when I stopped snacking on them (I had been under the impression it was healthy) some of my pain went away. For 2 days I've had a fruit craving, but if I even eat some jam I'll have a flare-up that lasts for days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hisorry to hear that gailsusan and julia, because this stuff has been a godsend to me, i hope that you will find something as good, i do know that shredded wheat in the morning helps a bit too...good luck pookies mom...i hope that it works for you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hisorry to hear that gailsusan and julia, because this stuff has been a godsend to me, i hope that you will find something as good, i do know that shredded wheat in the morning helps a bit too...good luck pookies mom...i hope that it works for you

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Most of the ingredients also trigger me. I used to get very C and to force a D attack I would eat and drink things I knew would do the trick. Prunes, raisins, and orange juice do me in every time! I wonder if the boiling and simmering takes some of the "bite" out of the ingredients?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Most of the ingredients also trigger me. I used to get very C and to force a D attack I would eat and drink things I knew would do the trick. Prunes, raisins, and orange juice do me in every time! I wonder if the boiling and simmering takes some of the "bite" out of the ingredients?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.