Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am usually on the diarrhea board, but my friend has IBS-C and I'm trying to help her. Her main problem is pain, cramping and bloating. If anyone has any dietary, lifestyle or medication advice to deal with these problems, please pass them on to me. Pain is by far the hardest thing for her to deal with, especially at work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Usual if I have cramping in my stomach, it is due to constipation. I don't have a remedy for the pain and bloating, but if your friend wants to relieve her constipation- the only thing that works for me (i only use in extreme cases when i dont have a bm in 4 days) is this herbal tea called natural green leaf brand for women and men "dieter's herbal drink". This does not sound safe however i told my doctor and he said it was fine to use as a laxative. Hope this helped!

·
Registered
348 Posts
LagomorphI would look on .. where you will find tons of diet advice, ssupplements advice etc. etc. It may take you a while to work through all the information but believe me, it will be worth it (for you and your friend).I have been living with ibs.d for over 30 years and the information I have found on the above site has been wonderful and I am at long last getting some stability.Judith

·
Registered
348 Posts
LagomorphP.S. Drinking peppermint trea is helpful and I would also suggest to both of you that you take a soluble fiber supplement - soluble and insoluble fiber is explained at length on the .. site.They also have very active bulletin boards so you would be able to get advice from there also.Judith

·
Registered
41 Posts
Judith, thank you so much for posting that link to .. ! I've been reading up on ibs-c since yesterday and am learning so much that I had no idea about before! My Dr. isnt very informed on ibs (since it's newer and not as well known I guess), so that site is really helping me learn about it. I thought Zelnorm and more fiber would help me, but after a month of that stradegy I didnt see the results I hoped for, and now I know why! There's way more stradegy than just upping your fiber intake, it matters what kinds of foods you eat and how you eat them. Anyway you know that already, thank you so much!Gina

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.