Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh gosh I was so afraid of this. I have severe anxiety and my gastro told me this morning he wants me to have a colonoscopy done and Im having it next Monday. I told him I was afraid and scared of the prep what if it doesnt work? He is so nice but I am absolutly petrified, to the point that I literally feel sick. I took a xanax to help calm me down but I feel like I am in a panic attack that wont stop. Please tell me all about a colonoscopy does it hurt? Will the prep work for me? He told me I will be in a twilight sleep he said its like I will be asleep but not totally asleep. I know I am probably going over board but I am absolutly terrified and to make it worse the morning of the procedure I cant take any medication which means I cant take a xanax...Please tell me what you can thanks

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am taking colyte for the prep. The doc said its a little different than what he gives most because of my history of constipation. My test is at 12:30 it was either I schedule it for this monday or I wait another 3 weeks and i figured i would worry myself sick in 3 weeks. He explained to me that twilight sleep is the same thing as being asleep.He said that his diagnosis for me is more than likely going to be IBS but he doesnt like making that diagnosis without being totally sure theres nothing else going on.My blood work came back fine.I am just scared my anxiety gets the best of me and what really scares me is I cant even take anything that morning to calm me down I am afraid i am going to make a fool of myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.