Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new and I was just wondering if anyone has experienced, which I am sure someone has, but I just want to hear it. I have had I.B.S. for the last year and and a half only I didn't know what it was until January of this year, when I was in and out of the ER for horrible stomach pains associated with painful diarrhea. I finally went to a Gastroentrologist who diagnosed me with I.B.S. I also have the constipation but it is mostly horrible diarrhea. I was going to the bathroom six or seven times a day spending a lot of time each time in there. If you know what I mean. And I would be in such PAIN, I thought I was going to die!!! Then I would be fine for a couple of days or weeks and then boom it was back like gangbusters! I was talking imodium ad and that stopped working, I was popping them like candy! Now I take Lomotril and Librax for pain and to stop the diarrhea and most of the time it works. I was also told by my general doctor and my gastroentrolgist to take metamucil three times a day to help bulk up the looseness of the diarrhea and help with the constipation. I wake up every morning with a stomach ache like clockwork. I am tired of suffering!!! I am 30 years-old, and I feel, is this how it is going to be for the rest of my life? I am frustrated and I never know when I am going to have an episode, or where I will be when it hits. I have to carry my meds in my purse just in case! And it doesn't matter what I eat, bad or good foods. It always happens. Am I alone? Sami

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
sami,You are not alone in what is happening to you. What I can see from what you have written is the immodium will stop the diarrhea only to constipate you the when you get past that all heck breaks loose. You have gotten the recommendations most of us have gotten take fiber but I have found this only to add to the gas bloating and pain you already have. It did not matter what I ate also you never know when it is going to hit. I sent you some info on taking calcium carbonate to help control the diarrhe and if you have question just email me and I will see if I can help.Linda

1 - 2 of 2 Posts