Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since I posted but I am miserable.I am back to bad IBS-d. Its been progressively worse since my mom's death in Nov.I quit my AntiDepressants by April 1st and this last month I have been having bad anxiety and depression is coming back. I have been trying a Beta Blocker but its just giving me worse D.What is the best antidepressant for D.?I have been on many but this is no life.Help!VampladyP.S. my questran is only helping a little now. D post gallbladder removal. Worse with anxiety.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just started taking Desipramine for my IBS-D and I improved almost immediately. I have only been on it for a week, but so far so good. I was given a dose of 50mg a day at bedtime, but I am not a big guy (5'6") so I split the pills and the half dose still seems to work with less side-effects. I have never been on an anti-depressant before, but from what I have read these small doses of Desipramine don't have any therapeutic effect in terms of depression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.