Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am always constipated, and always have to force out stools because I never feel like going, coffee doesn't help anymore.Even if I go a week without passing a stool, my body never tells me it's time to go to the loo, and I always have to force so hard it hurts, otherwise I get scared my intestines might burst, and when I don't go for a while, I get stomach aches.Does anyone else have this problem, or any advise?Comments and help would be appreciated

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you made the dietary changes ?25-30 grams of fiberplenty of watervegetablesWhile those do work for some people, there other like me that they really don't work on. It sounds to me like you are straining a little too much if you are worried that your intestines might burst. Have you tried the occasional laxative? enema? suppository?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I could have written your post. Sounds EXACTLY like my problem. I am worried that I messed something up somehow and I will never be able to "go". The weird thing is that sometimes I can go like no problem...then somehow something happens and I'm back to not even having the urge despite feeling ill and constipated. Last time I was able to go was about 3 weeks ago...when I was on vacation. Then I flew home, got terribly airsick and carsick, changed time zones and elevation and now I can't go. I am on Amitiza and drinking Citrucel (just started, no results yet) and was doing enemas to get by. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try coffee, it usually helps for me.Try relaxing, sit in a tub of warm water and relax, and mabye play some relaxation music.Are your stools really hard? If so mabye consider changing your diet, the same diet doesn't work for everyone, so experiment, for example try eating fruit as a snack instead of chocolate, eat quorn and soya products instead of meat and milk, juice instead of fizzy drinks etc.Hope that helped

·
Registered
4 Posts
you are not alone! I have the SAME problem nothing works even laxatives stop working..i feel your pain i am just now getting into the doctor to get this fixed. It has been going on for almost 2 years..best of luck!!I have to say though...Mirlax works wonders but for me it eventually stopped working after 2 or 3 months but maybe not for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I could have written your post. Sounds EXACTLY like my problem. I am worried that I messed something up somehow and I will never be able to "go". The weird thing is that sometimes I can go like no problem...then somehow something happens and I'm back to not even having the urge despite feeling ill and constipated. Last time I was able to go was about 3 weeks ago...when I was on vacation. Then I flew home, got terribly airsick and carsick, changed time zones and elevation and now I can't go. I am on Amitiza and drinking Citrucel (just started, no results yet) and was doing enemas to get by. Any advice would be appreciated.
You sound just like me!! My doctor have be some samples of Amitiza i have not been able to take it because i am currently having a transit test done but since its been a few days have you had any luck with the meds?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Coffee still works for me, but only if I sit quietly for a while in the morning. I have to sit in a firm chair, and I can't move around very much, and I can't eat anything until I've had my BM. Have you tried that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.