Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having D and some small solid stools since this past Sunday. Most of all, I have to go poop a lot of times, but not always D. Sometimes it feels like I am getting a bad case of D and can't go, just crampy gassy stuff.Anyway, I take Aciphex for Gerd and it's pretty much been my bowel that's been messed up. I started to feel better today, but...I ate a Polish sausage sandwich with onions cooked on the grill for lunch at around noon. About 2
o, my friend and I decided to go in my pool. After awhile, I began to have bad indigestion and the feeling my food was in my throat. I laid down and fell asleep and felt better, but when I woke up, I started to have D again. I still feel a little indigestion, but not as bad. I also feel like I am having the chills. I don't believe I have a fever.I have Librax to take and I an supposed to take 2 Aciphex a day, but haven't been. I have only taken one a day. I felt fine till Sunday when this all started to happen.I don't know if I should take Librax to calm my stomach down, another Aciphex ot Immodium for what little amounts of D I have.Please someone tell me if this is how IBS can act sometimes and flare up.I am so disgusted.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Lana,
on the 'Polish sausage sandwich with onions cooked on the grill for lunch'. Fatty foods and onions too can be a Diarrhea trigger for many IBS sufferers.Fatty foods are almost guaranteed to make me feel ill. They are REALLY bad for GERD too (which I also have). Basically you are going to be doing yourself a big favour eliminating (or at least reducing considerably) fatty foods in your diet.I take medication everyday for my GERD too. I take Somac (pantaprazole) once a day. However, depending on what I eat, sometimes I need a bit of antacid too.Sometimes if you are really lucky, you can eat fatty food and have no problem but mostly it is almost guaranteed to spell trouble. I am pretty sure in this case it is the Polish sausage sandwich that has affected you.Take care and I hope you will be feeling better soon. :love:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sabrial,You said you take an antacid with your Gerd medicine if you have to..I'm curiouss, what one?Thanks for answering, I'm up at 3:30 on the morning wiith the chills and a queasy stomach!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Lana,Usually I take a little Mylanta. Not sure if it will be called the same thing in the U.S (as I am in Australia) but it is a white mint flavoured liquid. I am actually NEVER without some in the house. It is one of my best friends.Gaviscon is supposed to be good too, but I have never tried it. You might just want to check too that none of the ingredients in antacids are likely to affect your IBS. I have read that Antacids containing Magnesium Hydroxide can cause problems, and Mylanta has that in it. Does not seem to affect me, but my D symptoms are usually fairly moderate.Hope this helps, and if the Magnesium Hydroxide is a problem for you, I think a pharmacist should be able to suggest something else that would help.Good luck, hope you are feeling better soon, I HATE having an upset stomach!Take care. :love:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.