Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and was hoping to get some answers regarding my gut issues. My wife had IBS before she had her 1st child and since then her symptoms have gone away. According to my symptoms she thinks I might have IBS as well. Not everyday but from time to time I get these symptoms (although for the last 6 days I've had these symptoms everyday). It always occurs in the morning to mid afternoon. I work evening 2:30 to 11:00 p.m. By the time I get to work I'm good to go. My symptoms are as follows. My stomach just churns and turns like I'm nervous about something. My gas is awful, most people like their own flavor my being one but this gas is horrible to the point of making myself choke. My stool is usually loose not runny or hard. I have noticed a pain on my left side under the bottom of my last rib. I was thinking maybe this had something to do with my kidney stones as I have passed these and have felt the same sort of pain. I was reading in another forum this could be gas related. Now I also have a hernia on my left side and was thinking maybe these symptoms could be related to that but I'm not sure. Like I said earlier I have had these types of symptoms in the past way before the hernia appeared. I most generally just feel bad when these symptoms occur. I don't feel like eating or working I just want to lay on the couch and not move. It kinda feels like whenever I do anything it just makes the symptoms kick in again. My wife says I should start taking Primal Defense. It worked pretty good for her. Has anyone tried this? It appears to me that there are a lot of well educated poeple in the field of IBS that could help me with my gut problem. Any sort of help that can be thrown my way would be highly appreciated. I also have not been to the Dr. about this. I thought I would look into myself to see what I found out. That usually works best for me. Thanks in advance for you replies.Jeff

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Its crucial you have your symptoms diagnosed by a medical practitioner or doctor. It is important to remember that you cannot self diagnose IBS and there are many serious conditions that can mimic IBS.This is the first thing you should do.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hi Jeff,Welcome! Unfortunately, there are many conditions which can mimic IBS symptoms. If you want to know for sure, you need to have all the diff tests run to rule out the others before arriving at an IBS diagnosis...(fun!)I tried Primal Defense. Didn't work out for me. But we're all diff. I'm glad it worked for your wife! I'm having great luck using Florastor & Primadophilus Reuteri, along with high fiber and grapefruit seed extract.In the beginning, cutting out processed foods and eating only whole foods really helped...I still try to eat that way these days, but I don't have to follow it as strictly...Good luck w/ your mystery. Read through the diff forums here, there's lots of good info...Talissa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.