Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about IBS. It all started last week when we went out for dinner and I had to go to the bathroom, but decided to hold it until we got home. Once we got home, I barely made it to the bathroom. Eversince that episode, I have period pains on my right side below my ribs and sometimes when I go to the bathroom... both ways. Does this sound like IBS?? The pain feels like a pulled or strained muscle. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
This week has been really bad for me. I've had constant back pain in addition to the gassy pains I get under my rib cages.Sometimes it hangs low and it hurts really bad.Hang in there. Not sure if you have IBS or if you just have gas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I get pain under my ribs too but mostly the left side. It is very aggravating. It feels like something is jabbing me. Does this sound familiar? It is not every single day but I haven't figured out the pattern yet. Any ideas to help me? Thanks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well if it is brand new it is hard to say it is IBS because usually you need symptoms for some time before it is known to be IBS.You should have this checked at the doctor.It could be a bug, you could have something else wrong.K.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've had the pain for a year now on both sides. There isn't any pattern and sometimes I'll get it on and off all day and then other days I won't have it at all. I went to the ER twice and they didn't find anything. I'm figuring if it were cancer, by now the pain would be worse and I'd have other symptoms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was diagnosed about 2 1/2 yrs ago with IBS, reflux and possibly a touch of diverticulitis! I went through months of constipation - had to use over the counter products for relief. I would lie in bed at night and hear my esophagus "bubble" all night. Horrible cramps, nausea, dizziness.The dr ran tests - blood normal, etc. Recommended change in diet and started me on Nexium for the reflux.I've had 2 endoscopies (tube w/camera down the esophagus). First time showed small burns on wall of esophagus. The second time was done because I had trouble swallowing. During the second time, they inserted a balloon and filled with water (I was asleep) and stretched the esophagus. This provided some relief.My best recommendation is to keep track of what you eat and see how it makes you feel. I have found that anything fried or extra spicy works against me. I've had to give up broccoli, raw onions, carbonated drinks. Citrus doesn't bother me....go figure. I have become lactose intolerant, soy or rice milk is good. Eating yogurt with live culture 3 times a day helps to kill the bacteria in your system.Stress has been found to accelerate your symptoms and I've just read an article that IBS and insomnia are linked. I've suffered from insomnia as long as I've had IBS.The same old thing we're always told by our drs...exercise, diet. It really does help. We have a local herb shop here in town and I've started taking "Cleansmore" and chlorophyll. Both together keep my system running smoother with only occasional bouts of pain, not constant as before. No one knows how horrible this is until they actually have to deal with it. Good luch - hang in there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS for all the input. I am thinking it might be what I am eating...esp popcorn. I didn't eat any on Sun and yesterday the main was nothing or next to nothing. I ate some popcorn yesterday, and it was back today. So I really don't know what to think. I have a dr appt in 2 weeks if I am still having these episodes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey! I think it might be the food we eat... I am starting to think Popcorn might be my trigger...think that is possible???
quote:Originally posted by Lynn:Hi, I get pain under my ribs too but mostly the left side. It is very aggravating. It feels like something is jabbing me. Does this sound familiar? It is not every single day but I haven't figured out the pattern yet. Any ideas to help me? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.