Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just joined so im new to this, i vistited my Dr today and asked about the toilet/cant wait card which i saw on c4 embarrassing illnesses and she was no help what so ever. Does anyone know how to get one, just knowing i have it on me would make going out so much less stressful

·
Registered
168 Posts
The only ones I've seen are through the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (www.ccfa.org), but looking at their website, it seems like you have to be a member of the CCFA in order to get one. Is there any particular place you're hoping to use this? Sometimes there are other ways to achieve this. I'd recommend getting a letter from your doctor, but it sounds like she might not be very receptive to that.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Or, you could make your own version. DO NOT copy any of the other cards you've seen, that would be copyright infringement and illegal. But, come up with something of your own that you can carry with you on an index card in your pocket or purse.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Here is the link for the Gut Trust: http://www.theguttrust.org/ You will also see a phone number there up in the right hand corner of the page. Why not give them a call and find out how to obtain one of the cards?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Borrellifan,Then be glad that your IBS isn't bad enough that carrying this card makes you feel more confident.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sometimes you can get by on good faith in people - That they will let you use their bathrooms, that they will let you cut in line for the restrooms, but sometimes people will say no. Anything that will help you feel safe and more comfortable is absolutely worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.