Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I am seeing my GI Md for the first time in a long time....(appt on friday)I have just in the past been seeing my internist (who doesnt know his head from his behind)due to hassles with insurance...long story)I would like to try librax(I have tried everything else-I am seeking advice from alll you knowledgeable people on this board,re whattype of questions to ask,etc.I also need to know-are MDs ever hesitant to give you librax since is is a controlled med?I have tried bentyl,levsin,am currently doing mikes tapes(this is the one thing that has helped some so far!)have drastically changed my diet,done acupuncture....the list goes on.I am very nervous re going to this appt because i am afraid he will say"you just have to live with it" or"wait until Zelnorm or Lotronex comes back on the market!!Of course,being nervous about the appt makes my ibs worse...At least he is the MD that did a colonoscopy on me several years ago,when I was in the hospital for 4 days with severe abd pain...he commented that I had the most spastic colon he had ever seen.they did rule out other conditions with other tests...Sorry this post is so long,I would appreciate any advice!Thanks.Beth

·
Registered
922 Posts
Beth, keep up the good diet and tapes, they will surely help some. Knowing your history this MD should have no problem Rx-ing you some Librax. Librax is a milder benzo with an antispasmodic added especially to treat IBS/D spasms and it may help you some until something better comes along. Good luck, Norb[This message has been edited by norbert46 (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
922 Posts
Beth, keep up the good diet and tapes, they will surely help some. Knowing your history this MD should have no problem Rx-ing you some Librax. Librax is a milder benzo with an antispasmodic added especially to treat IBS/D spasms and it may help you some until something better comes along. Good luck, Norb[This message has been edited by norbert46 (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Celticlady, just wondering what day your on with MIke's tapes and also to remind you we offer support and information on the CBT/Hypno/Anxiety forum.Also, here are ten questions to ask your doctor. http://www.AboutDigestion.com/script/main/...rticlekey=13683 ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Celticlady, just wondering what day your on with MIke's tapes and also to remind you we offer support and information on the CBT/Hypno/Anxiety forum.Also, here are ten questions to ask your doctor. http://www.AboutDigestion.com/script/main/...rticlekey=13683 ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eric-thanks for your post.I am on day 40 as of today,with Mikes tapes..I think they are great!I think I am in the "downswing" phase....I really feel overall I am improving ,both IBS sx and anxiety,from 40 days ago when I started.But past 2 weeks I have really had increased sx...to my understanding this is normal,and that as I continue with the tapes, I should improve.Took a while to get this way,will take a while to improve!BTW I will check out the CBT/Hypno section of the board more...to add to the mix I was just dx also with fibro this week(not a suprise by any means)take care,Beth

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric-thanks for your post.I am on day 40 as of today,with Mikes tapes..I think they are great!I think I am in the "downswing" phase....I really feel overall I am improving ,both IBS sx and anxiety,from 40 days ago when I started.But past 2 weeks I have really had increased sx...to my understanding this is normal,and that as I continue with the tapes, I should improve.Took a while to get this way,will take a while to improve!BTW I will check out the CBT/Hypno section of the board more...to add to the mix I was just dx also with fibro this week(not a suprise by any means)take care,Beth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.