Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a new member, and am very grateful that this site exists. I was just diagnosed as having IBS last week. I declined to take any antibiotics at this time, since I would like to try over the counter or natural remedies. I have had problems with cramping, excessive diarrhea, bloating etc. for the last 10 months. I developed the condition after I lost a loved one. I was such a emotional wreck that I couldn�t eat anything without having to rush to the restroom within 30 minutes after finishing a meal. I thought my condition was solely due to being feeling depressed and being lactose intolerant and hoped that the symptoms would cease once I removed all diary products from my diet and relaxed through walking and reading. Unfortunately, that didn�t happen. Now I only eat at home. Its gotten to the point that I�m extremely reluctant to eat anything outside my home for fear that I will not be able to reach a bathroom in time. So, while I�m at work I drink only water and tea, and my only meal is dinner. I read through the messages posted and found that taking Imodium may allow me to have breakfast and lunch during my workday without rushing to the restroom soon after eating. Also, I plan to purchase the flex seed oil tonight. Any other suggestions or ideas that anyone can share would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
other: calcium, hypnotherapy tapes (do a search here), exercise, maybe acidophilus. please DO try to eat a bit more....try brown rice and, eventually, lots of veggies, and lean protein.
and WELCOME![This message has been edited by HipJan (edited 02-08-2000).]

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Welcome to the board Ellton, glad you found us!
I would caution you to try one new thing at a time...that way you can tell exactly what is helping you and what is not. Hope you find something that works for you here...I did!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Ellton
and Welcome to the Board, I know that you will find alot of information to help you here. The people on this BB are the greatest! I am fairly new here myself and I have found alot of useful info in order to help my hubby he is a "C".And I hope one day I too can become as helpful as everybody that I have met here so far.You should check out THE MEETING PLACE also I think it is a great place,I have found that alot of the people here have a great sense of humor. I am so glad that you are here, and I hope to see more posts from you. The more you ask the more information you will get.And don't hesatate to ask anything, we are here to help and support.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Ellton
and Welcome to the Board, I know that you will find alot of information to help you here. The people on this BB are the greatest! I am fairly new here myself and I have found alot of useful info in order to help my hubby he is a "C".And I hope one day I too can become as helpful as everybody that I have met here so far.You should check out THE MEETING PLACE also I think it is a great place,I have found that alot of the people here have a great sense of humor. I am so glad that you are here, and I hope to see more posts from you. The more you ask the more information you will get.And don't hesatate to ask anything, we are here to help and support.
Sheila

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.