Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel very constipated and extremely uncomfortable. The pain could get worse, I hope not. I have been walking a lot tonite, which has helped my stomach a bit. Drinking or eating is out. Today, I took Maalox and earlier I had Surfak andPrune Juice. I am going to walk some more. I don't feel anywhere near ready to go to the bathroom....UGH! I am not thinking straight, but I do remember from this forum that a heating pad might help. What else, please? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hot herbal tea and a magnesium supplement at night. Once you get going again, put about a teaspoon of ground flax meal in with your hot cereal and follow that with herbal tea again. Hope it works!------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hot water and lemon juice helps! or if not lemon juice i hear a slice of ginger works too! good luck, i know how you feel!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My sister told me about the lemon juice and hot water. When she was pregnant she suffered from C and I laughed at her when she told me! Maybe I'll try it myself

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carlene, Have you tried supposatories to get the stuff going? Or get a fleet enema. Which is a small ready made up deal that you can get at the drug store. If that don't get things loosened up I don't know hat would. Has always been god-sent for me....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so far I have found the same as the others, Herbal tea helps a bit. But most of the time for me the only thing that helps is a laxitive and sometimes that doesn't even work.I only use the laxitives as a last result however so my body does not depend on them.I wish I could help you more.Thanks to the rest of you as well, I will try the hot water and lemon.LeslieA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.