Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a pain in my lower right side for a couple of weeks now.. i had it before to this summer . i have had IB before and know i should watch my diet.. i am assuming this is a flare up.. i hope, the pain is like an ache or a burning.. not a cramp. it seems to be coming from the same area around where the litte intestine meets the larger one.. some times buscupan works. it is a bowel relaxer some times it doesn't .. feels like it is irrataed or inflamed.. sore to push in and touch. is this common in sufferes my doctor says most people with IB get pain in this area..please help......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anytime you have pain in the lower right it should be checked out. It could be your appendix, although you didn't mention other symptoms associated with that, or if you are female, it could be an ovarian cyst. There are several possibilities. Don't let the doctor dismiss it and find out for sure.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i agree! go get it checked.. i had that once, and blew it off as gas or 'female' probs.. it did go away, but the exact pain returned a month later, and i got a fever and vomited, headed to the ER and the doc said it was the most acute case of appendicitis he'd seen!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply guys.. iam female and have been to the doctor many times they are certain it is not my appendix. they did an internal and don't feel it is in the pelvic area. but it's close. a double dose of buscupan the other night eased it off a bit.. could appendix pain last this long with out progressing .. i have no fever or sickness. and doctor said i am not guarding that area like if it was appendictis. i am so confused.. but it is tender there if i really poke in.. i am hoping that my bowel there is going in to over time and is tender from the spasms and irritated.. any other sugesstions????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi pb. I get a pain in that general area every so often. It's not a sharp pain, but it does hurt when I poke it and it feels "sore" inside. Have had all the tests in the book. Found nothing. I sometimes get relief if I drink a lot of plain water for a few days. About 12 to 16 ounces between meals, without any food. Not tea, or juice, etc., just water. And of course the usual 12 to 16 ounces of liquid with meals. It seems to clear me out and the pain passes. Not saying that will work for you, because it depends on what the problem is. Just thought I'd mention it. Hope you feel better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HiI agree you should be seen about that pain. I had a pain in my lower right side, they thought it was my appendix but after an ultra sound they found it was an ovarian sys that had burst, have you had an ultra sound done??Hope you feel betterAmanda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pain in the lower right side has been a major problem with me for over ten years. My doctor diagnosed IBS after about 1 year of tests and various medications. Do you have other problems associated with this pain such as constipation, bloating and gas? If so you might find that medecitions containg peppermint oil may help. You have my sincere best wishes as i really know how you feel !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts