Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
It is one of my symptoms but my short colonoscopy didn't show anything abnormal(if they reach the area).

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
It is one of my symptoms but my short colonoscopy didn't show anything abnormal(if they reach the area).

·
Registered
654 Posts
I get lower right sided pain all the time. About a year and a half ago, i went to the er convinced it was appendicitis, i also hadn't had a b.m. in two weeks at that point. Anyway after testing all they found was backed up stool and gas. Their explanation was appendicitis usually starts near the belly button and moves to the lower right getting progressively worse until it is severe, this usually takes 48 hrs or less. Typically apendicitis is not achronic pain. Yes I have been diagnosed by a GI doc, and he says pain on either side can be a symptom of ibs.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I get lower right sided pain all the time. About a year and a half ago, i went to the er convinced it was appendicitis, i also hadn't had a b.m. in two weeks at that point. Anyway after testing all they found was backed up stool and gas. Their explanation was appendicitis usually starts near the belly button and moves to the lower right getting progressively worse until it is severe, this usually takes 48 hrs or less. Typically apendicitis is not achronic pain. Yes I have been diagnosed by a GI doc, and he says pain on either side can be a symptom of ibs.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went to the er a few times for this. the pain was so severe for 2 1/2 months i thought i couldn't take another minute of it. now it just feels like there is "something in there" alot of the time. am going for a diagnostic laparoscopy next week even though dr, thinks he won't find anything & it's "jus" ibs. can ibs really be this painful?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went to the er a few times for this. the pain was so severe for 2 1/2 months i thought i couldn't take another minute of it. now it just feels like there is "something in there" alot of the time. am going for a diagnostic laparoscopy next week even though dr, thinks he won't find anything & it's "jus" ibs. can ibs really be this painful?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
10 years,IBS-spastic,i mean spastic in my lower bowel,especially 6 inchs under my belly bottom.It's like a golf ball on fire there.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
10 years,IBS-spastic,i mean spastic in my lower bowel,especially 6 inchs under my belly bottom.It's like a golf ball on fire there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.