Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I felt wierd. A wierd aching in my tummy. Then when I went to the toilet there were very faint traces of blood. Im a girl so just figured it was woman stuff. Then this morning I have just been to the toilet and I cant seem to go,havent been able to for a few days, the small bits that do pass are hard. When I wiped there was lots and lots of blood so I stood up and looked and the water in the bowl was red!! and its not woman stuff... Ive made a doctors appointment for tomorow morning but Im so so scared. This has never happened to me before and Im so scared that they will tell me its cancer or sumthing and that Im dying.. I cant say anything to anyone today cuz its my sisters birthday and I dont want to ruin it for her.. what could it be? Im scared..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I see that nne of the more knowing have posted yet - but - you should see the doctor ASAP - but it is most likely hemmeroids. (sorry that isn't a word I can spell - but you know what I mean.)So, see your doctor tomorrow - enjoy your sis's birthday today.HUGSPeg

·
Registered
113 Posts
I see that nne of the more knowing have posted yet - but - you should see the doctor ASAP - but it is most likely hemmeroids. (sorry that isn't a word I can spell - but you know what I mean.)So, see your doctor tomorrow - enjoy your sis's birthday today.HUGSPeg

·
Registered
144 Posts
The chances you having cancer are very very slim (how old are you?). You have done the right thing though by calling your doctor and making an appointment. Obviously bleeding is not a good sign but if the blood is bright red then this is not a danger sign, something more serious tends to be brown blood, black motions. There is a possibility that you have an internal tear or maybe angry internal piles. I'm sure this is nothing to worry about, i have read several posts from members who have had bleeding, unfortunatelty this can be quite common in those ibs c sufferers. Try and keep your chin up and enjoy your sisters birthday. Kelly x

·
Registered
144 Posts
The chances you having cancer are very very slim (how old are you?). You have done the right thing though by calling your doctor and making an appointment. Obviously bleeding is not a good sign but if the blood is bright red then this is not a danger sign, something more serious tends to be brown blood, black motions. There is a possibility that you have an internal tear or maybe angry internal piles. I'm sure this is nothing to worry about, i have read several posts from members who have had bleeding, unfortunatelty this can be quite common in those ibs c sufferers. Try and keep your chin up and enjoy your sisters birthday. Kelly x

·
Registered
105 Posts
Valtaya, I'm very sorry that you've had such a frightening experience. You're right to make a doctor's appointment and get this checked out but please don't panic. There are a number of things that it could be other than cancer. It could be a haemorrhoid that ruptured when you were straining to go to the toilet. It's actually much more likely to be something like that rather than cancer so please try not to worry. I know that's easier said than done but hopefully your doctor will be able to put your mind at rest tomorrow. Please let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Valtaya, I'm very sorry that you've had such a frightening experience. You're right to make a doctor's appointment and get this checked out but please don't panic. There are a number of things that it could be other than cancer. It could be a haemorrhoid that ruptured when you were straining to go to the toilet. It's actually much more likely to be something like that rather than cancer so please try not to worry. I know that's easier said than done but hopefully your doctor will be able to put your mind at rest tomorrow. Please let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
valtaya , its good your going to the doctor, blood is a sign something is wrong and has to be checked out.However if its fresh red blood it is usally something minor, like Hemorrhoids or a small Fissure. But regarless, you need to see the doctor.Hemorrhoids also can cause the red fresh blood, many people have gotten them and when it mixes with the water in the toilet bowl, a little can look like a lot. Or even a fissure from wiping a lot or even from straining to go.Upper bleeding usally stays in the bowel longer and is mixed in with the fecal matter and causes more darken stools.The thing is, bleeding is not normal and needs to be diagnosed right away so seeing the doctor is the right thing to do.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
valtaya , its good your going to the doctor, blood is a sign something is wrong and has to be checked out.However if its fresh red blood it is usally something minor, like Hemorrhoids or a small Fissure. But regarless, you need to see the doctor.Hemorrhoids also can cause the red fresh blood, many people have gotten them and when it mixes with the water in the toilet bowl, a little can look like a lot. Or even a fissure from wiping a lot or even from straining to go.Upper bleeding usally stays in the bowel longer and is mixed in with the fecal matter and causes more darken stools.The thing is, bleeding is not normal and needs to be diagnosed right away so seeing the doctor is the right thing to do.

G

·
God bless - I had a similar thing happen to me - I'll bet its internal piles they can bleed like the devil but it is a worry. Please let all us fellow IBSers know how you got on at the Dr's.Sue

G

·
God bless - I had a similar thing happen to me - I'll bet its internal piles they can bleed like the devil but it is a worry. Please let all us fellow IBSers know how you got on at the Dr's.Sue

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you so so much for your replies. I do feel alot calmer now reading your posts. Yes it was just the water that was bright red, wasnt dark in colour and the stools were normal... I really really thought I may have cancer or Chrons.. but I guess when something like that happens you do tend to think the worst.. Oh my age.. Ive just turned 25.. Thanks again for all your replies. I shall let you know in the morning what they say..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you so so much for your replies. I do feel alot calmer now reading your posts. Yes it was just the water that was bright red, wasnt dark in colour and the stools were normal... I really really thought I may have cancer or Chrons.. but I guess when something like that happens you do tend to think the worst.. Oh my age.. Ive just turned 25.. Thanks again for all your replies. I shall let you know in the morning what they say..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.