Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone I'm 16. I have anxiety, which runs through my family, and my anxiety centers around pooping and stuff. Sometimes (like once or twice a month) i will have bulky poops, or at least normal poops, then one time during the day i may get crampy (not terrible, but more uncomfortable than usual poop pains) and i will have watery / dusty diarrhea. Then I'm fine. I used to throw up after this happened (only if it happens at night), but now I don't. School started a few months ago, and I've been super busy with afterschool stuff, and I've had this a little bit more than usual. Like a month ago, I had it on a saturday night, then 2 weeks ago on saturday i had it, then last saturday i had it, then this thursday night it happened. I don't know if this is my anxiety because if I get a little crampy suddenly I get VERY anxious. So I don't know if this is just how my poops are going to be, or is this IBS?s

·
Registered
79 Posts
It could be either or, it would be worth looking into food intolorences, maybe keeping a food diary and seeing if any specific foods are setting you off, might consider going dairy and gluten free for a little seeing if that makes you feel better, IBS and anxiety tend to be hand in hand whether its the cause or result is arguable. Otherwise maybe see your doctor and they would be able to suggest logical steps to find out what it is, allergy tests or medications............. elimination diet etc........ IBS seems to be the label given when no reason can be found for being sick, so there is quite a number of other potential causes worth looking into... good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts