Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm 16 years old and I think I'm suffering from IBS. I've been to the doctors a ridiculous amount of times and each time I felt like they didnt take me seriously because of my age. I use to go a lot when I was 13 and 14 but after getting "eat more fiber" "eat yogurt" I kind of stopped because i got sick of the disappointment. Anyways I'm not sure if I have IBS or if its an anxiety disorder. I go and see a counselor for anxiety but I haven't actually been diagnosed by a psychiatrist. My day usually consist of constantly thinking about having to go and feeling like I have to go. But then when I get home all the thoughts go away and I feel fine. Due to this I miss a lot of school and a lot of opportunities. Recently I was apart of a competition at school (I PUSHED AND FORCED MYSELF TO GO) which required me to have to go on a drive of a hour with a group of kids. I hate traveling in cars or anything without a bathroom because it makes me nervous and I feel trapped. So on the way there pretty much as soon as we left the school at 7:30 in the morning (which btw is an accomplishment itself I can barely make it to school at 8:30 and school starts at 8:15) my stomach started hurting. Then about thirty minutes into the ride I had this urgency to go like I could not hold it I told both of my teachers that I have an anxiety disorder and that I need to go to the bathroom. SO thankfully one of my teachers she has a son that has anxiety and understood. So they pulled over the bus into a gas station and I thankfully made it to the bathroom. Then even when I was at the competition I went to the bathroom 5 times. Both times it was a very loose BM. I've tried align but I'm not entirely sure if it helped due to it being summer and I never really tested it out. Also it takes me up to an hour to do a BM. Like I'll go to the bathroom but I'll still feel like I have to use the bathroom. This is usually only before I go somewhere though (like school).I'm so sick of this problem it corrupts my life. I want to get this fixed. I have another competition to go to which is 2-4 hour drive away and would require me to stay in a city for three days. Because of probably have to share a bathroom with someone and the embarrassment of how long it takes me to use the bathroom I do not want to go. But If I go I get scholarships to college and all other sorts of things. Also I just got picked today for a student leadership program which means during my summer I get to go to either D.C., New York, or China. This is such a HUGE opportunity and I feel if I don't go I'll regret it forever. I'm just stuck in one place. Thinking about having a BM has seriously taken over my life. I constantly think about it. I cry over it. Sometimes I even want to die. It even at one point ruined a relationship of mine. It's just I'm almost in college and this year is even more stressful than the last. I just need some answers and I need them quick.I need help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.