Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im a 15 year old who has IBS and has had for a while. it is starting to dominate my life and has me worrying about it all the time. something as small as going to school can set it off...a bus ride or not being near a bathroom or eating...i hav to find some way...i've seeked medical attention but all my doc gave was fibercon which dosent work at all. does not eating much help lessen the symptons? i blieve in my case it is psychosamatic....but what can i do to change that? what kind of therapy can i get to help? ...i really cant take this anymore,please respond,thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey dustn, i understand what you are going through as i have had the same symptoms since i was 12. enema helped me a lot in dealing with it though it is not a cure. i usually take an enema with a self made apparatus every morning with lukewarm water and most of the time it is enough to sustain me throughout the day.i dont know the hazard involved in taking an enema everyday so please find out more on it before you go ahead with it. please feel free to mail me personally for further discussions.all the best,vincentvincent_lee###rediffmail.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Dustn, IBS and anxiety here. Understand what you are going through and it is very hard. I tried eating less also for a while and fell into depression. So I wouldnt do that. The best thing I can tell you to try is help yourself to calm down when it starts happening. Deep breaths tell your body to relax and try focusing on something else. Like sing a song in your head. Or focus on an object and describe what it looks like in full detail. I know it sounds kind of dumb but I struggle to go any where and these things help me. You have to learn to control your thoughts. Hope this helps!!God Bless,Rudy

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'day DustnI have being dealing with IBS and Dyspesia for about 2 years now. There are a few things that i found that really help with IBS. For the issues you are having try taking Metamucil (just a brand name you might have to look it up as i am in australia not sure how wide the product is) you get it in powder format and have one drink of it a day in water. Pretty much takes about 2 weeks to kick in but i have really noticed the difference. Stops both D and Constipation as i seem to switch between both it really just balances things out. Not saying it will cure you but i would say it helps me 80% of the time so i still cop it a bit but it does help. Cheersjai

·
Registered
8 Posts
quote:Originally posted by schlaw11:The best thing I can tell you to try is help yourself to calm down when it starts happening. Deep breaths tell your body to relax and try focusing on something else. Like sing a song in your head. Or focus on an object and describe what it looks like in full detail. I know it sounds kind of dumb but I struggle to go any where and these things help me. You have to learn to control your thoughts.
Rudy's right. it does sound dumb, but it helps. if you can't concentrate on an object try thinking of a "happy place" or good memory or even just reciting the alphabet or counting in your head. It can lessen the problems slightly. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.