Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya, i normally post in the D section i dont normally suffer with C. I have had ibs for 5 years and normally its the d and cramps and bloating but since thursday i have been getting pains in my side and lower stomach its a dull aching which is there all the time and stabbing sharp pain which comes and goes. I havent had a decent bowel movement since thursday just small amounts normally twice a day. Ive been in hospital with the pain and they have let me come home for the night tonight and have to go back in the morning for a scan they think it might be constipation i heard 1 doc say it sounds like it. Im really worried and so fustrated that i carnt go to the loo its so painful in my stomach when i try to go and its very noisy tonight as well. Is it a good sign that im still able to pass something twice a day? What do you think they will do in hospital to get rid of it and does it hurt? Im really worried they thought it might have been my appendix but all those tests were clear.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They're probably looking for a blockage as well as anything else that could cause pain. Depends on the type of "scan." I'm sure they'll also look to see how much stool is actually in your colon and make a recommnendation based on what they see.If you're really backed up they'll probably given you an enema of some kind, or suggest a laxative. And enemas are great when you need one! The same painful "spasming" that people get with IBS-D can be had with IBS-C. It's really debilitating. Read more on this site for how to address C if it's totally new to you...Dana

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.