Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help; I'm starting a new job Monday and will be introduced at staff meeting 1st thing Monday morning. I'm with the government and this is a promotion to another agency, (I'm unhappy with my present job and it's too stressful.) My ibsD is really flaring up & I'm thinking of quiting altogether because I'm so freaked out about having D in this staff meeting. It's too late to not accept the promotion; paper work's already gone thru. I hate to quit & lose everything I've worked for but I'm so tired of this ibsD and so scared. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Heather Congratulations on your promotion! Can you take some Imodium beforehand, just to be safe? Does it work for you? I've been taking calcium, 2 a day, and am doing pretty well with it. Have you tried that? I'm starting my new job on Monday too! Good luck and I hope you like your new job.Casey

·
Registered
304 Posts
Heather Congratulations on your promotion! Can you take some Imodium beforehand, just to be safe? Does it work for you? I've been taking calcium, 2 a day, and am doing pretty well with it. Have you tried that? I'm starting my new job on Monday too! Good luck and I hope you like your new job.Casey

·
Registered
169 Posts
Take an ammod AD pill an hour or less before the meeting and have some chewable ones with you (already open & ready to get to).Are you taking any medication like Bentyl or something. Bentyl makes me kinda sleepy but usually it works. Good luck. I know how you feel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Take an ammod AD pill an hour or less before the meeting and have some chewable ones with you (already open & ready to get to).Are you taking any medication like Bentyl or something. Bentyl makes me kinda sleepy but usually it works. Good luck. I know how you feel.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi heather joy:Do you really think it would be better to have ibs and jobless? Probably not, and congratilation on you knew position. You will probably be all right, if you do get an attack it won't be the end of the world, at least not as bad as quitting your great new position!! Stress is totaly normal when you start a new job, I know because I just started a new one yesterday also. Ibs was giving me a little problem but it was nothing I could't handle. Good luck and let us know how your first day went.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi heather joy:Do you really think it would be better to have ibs and jobless? Probably not, and congratilation on you knew position. You will probably be all right, if you do get an attack it won't be the end of the world, at least not as bad as quitting your great new position!! Stress is totaly normal when you start a new job, I know because I just started a new one yesterday also. Ibs was giving me a little problem but it was nothing I could't handle. Good luck and let us know how your first day went.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.