Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLease help. I have been diagnosed with IBS just recently. I have constant lower left abdominal pain. Spicy food just is the worst. I am anxious and have general cramping...as well as diarreah as soon as I eat anthing besides soup. Is all this normal?Thanks!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board.One thing you'll learn as you read is that IBS is different for different people. Some people have IBS D (diarrhea predominant), some C (constipation), some alternate (that's me!), some pain, some gas. and some with everything. So what's normal for one person might not be normal for another. having said that, yeah what you're feeling is something I go through when having an especially bad period of D.my best advice is read up on the board on what helps people. There are also a number of good books out there to help, some specifically with food. Personally, what helps me is a combo of fiber, calcium/magnesium supplements and hypnotherapy. If I stick to my regimen, it works pretty well for me.best of luck.nancy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.