Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently diagnosed with IBS. Have had diarrhea since yesterday. I feel weak and fatigued, headache, body aches. Almost like I am comming down with something. Does this sound familiar to anyone. I feel like its a silly question but I feel Horible. Is this what ibs feels like?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome Z, yes this sounds very familiar after a bad time with D. Check on the BB, re Lnapes post's on Calcium. I was like you, started Calcium, it took over 4 month's to start to work, but has given me great releif. It would certainly be worth a try. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
No question too silly around here and no description too gross! I too am a Caltrate convert. Mine worked right away so it must effect different people in different ways. Why not give it a try? Check back-posts with the words Caltrate and calcium and see what you think. It's worth a try.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the BB! Don't feel embarrased, I get the same exact symptoms when having a D attack, feel like I am coming down with something too. Then the next day its just crackers and ginger ale for me til I am better. I too take Caltrate and it has worked great, along with Immodium sometimes.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, this is what IBS feels like. Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad!
I find the worse thing with IBS/D is when you're having lots of D you don't know if it's your IBS, something you ate, or a possible bug. There's lots of help on this board. And yes, the calcium pills help a lot. I highly recommend checking out LNAPE's posts about that. Hope you're feeling better soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.