Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Havard article, fedotozine is mentioned. I read about it in another article. It said it was being tested in France with good results. Does anyone have any information on clinical trials on fedotozine and which drug company is involved? I think GlaxoWellcome may have some connection. Judy g

·
Registered
385 Posts
Judy,Here is an article I found:Fedotozine and Irritable Bowel Syndrome The drug fedotozine was evaluated in 238 patients with irritable bowel syndrome. The results demonstrated that"Fedotozine 30 mg three times a day. . . appears to be effective and safe in the treatment of the abdominal pain and bloating associated" with irritable bowel syndrome.This research was a double-blind study in which 4 groups were involved. One group was placebo. The other 3 groups tooks fedotozine three times per day at doses of 3.5, 15, and 30 mg respectively. The study lasted for sixweeks.The results showed that fedotozine at 30mg showed the best results as compared to placebo in reducing abominal pain and abdominal bloating. The researchers said that"defecation disorders could not be evaluated reliably." ----------------Efficacy of peripheral kappa agonist fedotozine versus placebo in treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. A multicenter dose-response study. Dapoigny M, Abitbol JL, Fraitag B. Dig Dis Sci 1995 Oct;40(10):2244-2249This is apparently an abstract of the 5 page article that I didn't locate (although I didn't try all that hard, I admit, once I noticed that this particluar research was 5 years old).There should be some more current stuff around. Try the http://www.findarticles.com site Eric recommended.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Yep, it was dropped because it didn't work (or so Glaxo claims).

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I am not sure what is up with it, the study from france is in the news and abstracts forum and is recent, but thats all I know about it.------------------ http://www.ibshealth.com/ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flux - What is your source of information on the disconinuation of fedotozine? Thanks. Judy g

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
From Jouveinal, the manufacturer. Warner-Lambert now owns Jouveinal, but they apparently licensed it to Glaxo and Glaxo apparently gave up on it.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.