Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you take for pain from cramps/spasms? I am cramping sooo bad right now. I have taken a Levsin, donnatol ex and a tylenol 3 with no relief. What else can I do? Please help

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Poopster, if possible try and relax and if you can go to sleep. If the pain is to much just try to relax as much as you can. If you can, try to distract your thoughts from it as much as possible by thinking hard on something else that is pleasurable. Maybe a hot water bottle as well or some heat.If gas is part of the issue try to get into a position to realse it. Lying on your left side is best.Hope that helps.------------------ http://www.ibshealth.com/ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, and you can try a heating pad on your stomach or abdomen and try some Gas-X. Sometimes that helps. Also see if your doctor will give you a prescription of Xanax. Sometimes that helps me. Hope you feel better soon! I know what you're going through.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Everyone,Thanks for all your advice. I finally crawled into bed with the heating pad and finally fell asleep. It was a really bad attack. I usually do the heating pad and Donnatol and that usually does the trick but not this time. It is horrible when you can't get rid of the pain.
I have only eatten a bagel today. I'm scared to eat but I know I have to.Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Poopster, is there something you can trace this attach to or did it hit you out of the blue.------------------ http://www.ibshealth.com/ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eric,I am sure it is because I am really stressed out at work. Have been for awhile and I'm looking for a new job. I did eat some fatty foods yesterday which I'm sure didn't help matters.I have had bad attacks before though from just drinking water. GI says that if your intestines are going to spasm, it doesn't matter what you eat. I have to agree as sometimes I can eat certain foods and I'm ok and other times I'm sick as a dog. I am suprised so many people mentioned taking a bath. That seems to make things worse for me, don't know why. I go to a stress counselor to help with the IBS. Have been going for some time. I can't say I've seen any improvement in the IBS symptoms since I've been going though. Let's hope they find a cure for this illness soon. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
poopster, sorry your having problem at work. I asked that because sometimes tracing the problem can help understand it and prevent it somewhat from happening again.No rhyme or reason for spasms, just about anything I have found can trigger them.A bath may make you feel confined and that may or may not be one reason you don't think they help. Like being in a car can do that.Showers if you can stand sometimes help. There is a weird ionzation in the air with hot showers, but just a thought.We are of course here to help though with whatever we can.I am sure the stress from work and life is an issue at the moment for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.