Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am not only new to this site but new to this "crappy" disease. I am hoping you "veterans" can help me with questions and/or specific requests for my doctor, who seems to think that this is all in my head? I had a sigmoidoscopy and the upper and lower GI's done, which all showed absolutely nothing, so I was told to go home and more or less, shut up. HELP, Please!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello mamafry
What are your symptoms? I am IBS-CC with LG. I have had the same problems with my docs just brushing me off i guess thats why i come here all the time to try and figure it out with a little help from my friends!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I'm also new to this group. I founded it yesterday, and couldn't believe all what I read.Is like talking with another me. I sometimes thought I'm weird and what I feel and suffer was just in me. I'm from Mexico City, living in the U.S., and since I was a kid I've always had issues with my stomach, is like my stomach rules me. I remember when I was around 6 years old and I was at my grandma's house for the weekend, she usually takes me and my sister shopping and offer us to pick up any toy we want, and just the exitement of the idea make my stomach to start gurggling and makes me run to the bathroom, so I usually end getting nothing because I spent the time in the bathroom. So since I can recall my stomach has given me a lot of trouble. Everyday for me depends on how my stomach reacts, when I was going to date somebody, plenty of times I need to cancel because of my stomach making terrible noises, or having an appointment with the dentist, or an exam, anything that stress me will make me feel sick. Now I'm 41 years old, and even I have more control of myself and more knowledge of what is wrong with me, it still making me to cancel appointments, or to avoid a lot of social gatherings. For many years I thought everybody has pain like that after eating, or having the noises, so I even think that was the way our stomachs work.I've seen plenty of Gastroenterologists and most of them have even laugh at my problems, saying that everybody has noise, or gas, or bloating or pain, that there's nothing wrong with me. All of the Doctors every time I see a new one, want to perform a new colonoscopy, and endoscopy, and blood tests, just to tell that I'm a very healthy woman, that thay don't see anything not working properly. And some of them has suggest that is in my head, and that I need to live with it.Now after some many years, I know isn't in my head, even sometimes stress makes me feel worse, but sometimes when I'm by myself and don't have any social event, I feel miserable too, so I know stress could make me worse but that doesen't mean I'm normal and my stomach act normal. As some of you have said, I could eat relly spicy food one day and be perfect, and the next day having a chicken noodle soup could make me really sick, so I really don't think in my case is any particular food, just the exeption of milk, because I'm a lactose intolerant, but with the other foods I could be perfect even with beans, brocolli, etc.i've tried all the medicines you could think about, I'm even an expert with them, because for around 10 years I got to the conclusion that I'm the only one capable to find the answer to my symptoms and that making more and more research will be the only way to find a way to live a better life. The only medicines that have make me feel a little bit better are Bentyl, or Hyoscamine twice a day, one in the morning and one at night. And when I'm in a very bad case of IBS and nothing seems to work I use the glycerin laxatives, or a alcohol spirit with aniset, (I start trying that long time ago because the anise seed is supposed to begood for digestion) but i really don't know if it's the anise seed or just the alcohol who numb my intestines, or the water bag with hot water.My symptoms are always worse in the mornings, I awake bloated, but after some bowel movements I feel fine. Then after dinner It comes again, the bloating and the noises of my stomach that are unvelibable loud, and even if i'm very bad sleeping makes me forget about my disconfort.I will love to hear your stories and to know if someone experience the same symptoms than i do.Thank you for reading my story!Fersam

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All I am new to this site as well as this discomfort I'm feeling. I went to see a Gastroenterologist yesterday due to having blood in my stool on January 10 and 11. But since then I have had no more blood but I am having lots of pain after every meal and I am burping constantly which I never did before. The Dr. immediately said I have IBS. But I dont have constipation problems or diarreha problems at all. My bowels move just fine, like clock work. I cant stand the burping tho, and the stomach cramps are unbearable. I usually just crawl in to bed and lay in the fetal position for about 3 hours before it goes away. Now my biggest concern is I have a severe case of Sleep Apnea and last year I had a surgury to have my nose fixed and while I was on the operating table i stopped breathing and had to be awake during my surgury. My sleep Dr. says I cant handle being put to sleep so I am terrified about having this colonoscopy done. I am 34 years old and I have a 13 and 9 year old son who needs their mom around....... Anyone have any good advice. Can someone tell me if I have IBS even tho I am not constipated or having diarreha? I thought IBS is one or the other???? I am very confused ...Please help me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.