Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Help with Hemmys!

600 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  h8ibs 
#1 ·
Hi! I went to the Dr, and he told me again no colonoscopy and he just said fiber and nulev for the IBS. I told him that I think I have a Hemorroid and it is REALLY PAINFUL!! and that I have had it for a week! He said just use peperation H, because surgery will be more painful. I said this is my first one and please look at it to make sure, he said that he didn't have to it probably was a hemmy. Now it has been 2 days since I have seen him and it is still there, I think I am going insane with the pain, Is that normal and how long does it take to go away!!!! Does anyone else know how to make it go away other then PEP H. I know this sounds dumb but I could really use advise. I don't even want to take a BM it hurts so bad,

See less See more
#2 ·
I finally have some relief from mine Jenniferzr1.....I used prep H wipes not the ointment that just irritated it mor ...blot and hold the wipe.....I have also relied on pure zinc oxcide ointment as a protective cream....sitz bath....and don't push or strain with your bm......hope you get some relief.....I feel your pain .....Mary::
))

#4 ·
Jennifer.....Yes...you can find it near the burn creams......just get the pure zinc oxcide, It's better if you can use something that doesn't have a lot of extra ingredients in it ::
))Mary::
))

#5 ·
Jennifer...the good news? Hemmy's are not dangerous. Bad news? They can last a long, long time. Months sometimes. Your primary care doctor can prescribe 2.5% hydrocortisone cream, which is stronger than what you get over the counter. My doctor did this for me and it's the only thing that helped mine clear up. Good luck!

#6 ·
I forgot to tell you about that too...my GI has me using a sup with 2.5% hydrocorisone at night too.....mine are internal and have gotten better sinc I try not to strain going to the bathroom.....Mary::
))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.