Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for years. Have had several colonoscopies, the latest last sept. and everything ok. For quite some time I have been very constipated. My gyn just told me she suspects I have a Rectocele (colon slips down behind wall between vagina and rectum). Because of this, when I do have to have a BM, I have to push through my vagina to get it out. For the past few weeks, I have noticed that when I sit, I have a painful "pulling" feeling just inside my anus. I suspect this may be hemoroid. I know I have had them in the past (from birth of my son 22 years ago). They rarely flare up and when they do, they are on the outside and puff up like a balloon for a few days. Then go away. This pain is constant. It is not debilitating, but very uncomfortable. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Hemoroid? I've never felt one inside so I don't know. Tonight I had a small amount of blood on the tissue when I wiped. I talked to my GI dr. a few days ago about the constipation and rectocele. He said perhaps it was time for some test. He said the name of it but I don't remember. He said it would show him the structure of the rectum and what is going on. He's supposed to call me at the beginning of next week to schedule it. He said some other guy would do it and it's not a regular xray. I did mention the pressure I feel when I'm sitting, but the pain and blood developed after I talked to him. Should I call him special for this tomorrow? Or just wait until I hear from him next week and then mention it? If it is just a hemoroid, what do people do for it? Prep H suppositories? Thanks for any info you can give me. I'm so frustrated w/this whole thing!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had a lot of issues with hemroids. i was at such an extreme point that i ended up having surgery to remove 7 hemroids. that was painful. i do not suggest it, if u do not need to, but i really didnt have any other choice. try the prep H though see if it helps, i didnt feel like it did for me. good luck, i know how you feel.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Getting tests is a good idea, but the little bit of blood on the tissue is probably exactly from what you think - your hemmroids. My mom has internal and external ones; they puff up with blood on the outside, makes her hurt for sure. She found Anusol much better than Prep H. Getting off your feet and taking the pressure off the hemmies is very helpful. Also, you can put an ice pak there, but laying on your side is usually the best thing for her. Get the pressure off. Sit the least amount that is possible.Good luck with your tests, and hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I worry that it's not hemmoroids. I feel a constant pressure and pain right at my anus. It hurt no matter my position. Of course sitting is the worst. I have a call into GI dr. now. He's supposed to call me back. We'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.