Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI am in Lancashire In England, and Have recently been told I have IBS. I started with stomach pains in September 2009, and they were so bad I was admitted to Hospital, where I have had a CT Scan, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Small Bowel meal, X rays etc, and they have said I have IBS.My Consultant put me on Nortriptyline 20 mg to start with, then to 30mg. I came off these after 2 weeks,As I found then no to be effected.I have been on them before, due to TM Joint problems, was on 60mg,and then ended up having a steriod injection after 12 months of being on the tablets.It was when i was weening off them at 20mg, my stomach started to hurt. My consultant has put me on Colermin, Mebeverine - which gave me more wind, and BuscopanI have Anxiety due to my IBS, and when I get pain, I get anxious. Hope that makes sence!My Doctor said I need to see a professional, and he has put me on Buspar for my anxiety, and wants to pit me on Venlafaxine. he said I'm not depressed, but they should help.I'm taking Buspar, but Dont want to take the Venlafaxine, due the side effects I have read about.I know my Stomach consultant wants me on Nortriptline again. what should I do? He said its been trial to help with nerve pain in the gut. I see him on Tuesday.Any help welcome, as I have lost over 2 stone, since september and I'm so down about it all. Fiona

1 - 1 of 1 Posts