Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am usually on the diaharrea section but am now having a problem with constipation. My question is this, while waiting for laxative to take effect, what can I do for the pain? It is hurting so bad that it is making me VERY nauseous. I would really appreciate some suggestions. PLEASE! Thanks folks catlover

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello again, Thank you for your response. It is appreciated. I have a question I hope you, or someone can answer. I have had IBS-D for MANY years, and am not sure which I have now. I have always known when I was having a D attack, but this is different. I feel like I need a bowel movement but nothing happens, except for the pain. I had always thought that constipation was when you had very hard bowel movements. Maybe this is a misconception. I am not sure which medication I should take. I take levsin for the spasms I get with D, but it doesnt seem to be helping with this. I hope to get some advice(appreciated). Thanks folks, Hope everyone is doing well today! catlover

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello. I used to be the c type now i think I have switched. Sometime I just have pain if I have bm or not> Who knows. I take dicyclomine for pain. it does help, it aleast takes the edge off. I am going to be scoped in March. Know you are not alone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Catlover,I'm no expert here, but I've had constipation for many years and my stools are never hard, the movements are just very, very infrequent. So, I don't think the consistency of the movement is all that is necessary to determine if you suffer from constipation.

·
Registered
846 Posts
You may have a transit problem giving you all this pain, like me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.