Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help i need advice been told from doctor that i might have ibs a have all the symptons really bad diarrhea tummy pains and i am now suffering from panic attacks, i have 2 small children and i am fed up of stayin in cos i am so scared of going out, i also suffer from coeliac which i have found really hard to stick to, feel so lonely dont think my friends and work colleges understand when i say i feel sick everyday and i cant leave the ront door, fed up of friends of friends who have it but are not that bad there for i shouldnt be that bad, i have lost nearly 2 stone and i am going to hospital to rule out other things. doctor has not said much apart from high fibre low calorie diet but can anyone give me advice on what not to eat and etc. i should i feel so upset about it all the time

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I would really try sticking to a lower carb gluten free diet for several weeks and see if it helps. Filling up on other carbs may not do you any good. So lean fish and chicken as well as cooked veggies with small amount of rice or other grain you may tolerate tends to be a reasonable diet to try. Atkins diet or South Beach Diet sites may help find recipes if you need some help. Just avoid anything that might have gluten in it.Do you use Imodium or anything to help with the diarrhea? You might check out the calcium thread. That helps some people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx very much for the advice, i have been eating things like eggs and chicken with rice and mushrooms, i think because i have only had coeliac for 2 years i still find that diet so hard that adding new stuff is making my head burst, i have been put on spasmonal forte tablets to help they are ok but dont always help my diarrhea, i have tryed immodum but they only help my spasms

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi claire8604yeah i have tryed immods, i have an upset tummy most of the day everyday, i work as a waitress and when it gets really busy the doc says its panic attacks i take which makes my ibs worse i find it sometimes that i am not going to be able to make it to the toilet in time, my colleges know about my ibs but i sometimes feel they dont understand just how much it takes over ur life

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey claire yeah i am from the uk up in sunny scotland,u in the uk?i havent really noticed when it is more worse i think just now its just seems to be all the time, some days are good apart from the sick feeling all the time i went thro a face of not wanting to eat as i was scared it would upset my tummy, but the doctor said i should try and eat small amounts of food when i can to keep the gut moving, do u suffer from coeliac or just ibs?how is the hypnosis working?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts