Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone
im a new member i was so happy to find this site...im from lebanon where most of the people don't know what is IBSthey just call me crazy or challenged...im 20 years old girl...IBS is ruining my work, my college and even my relationship...my parents think its all in my head and they dont wna hear abt my prob no more!!!doctors cant find anything useful to say but its all in ur head!!it all started 5 monthes ago when i woke up dizzy and i found out its from my stomachdahiarria, contisipation, vomiting, dizziness, severe neausa...but now im so much better cause i threw away all medication but for the last past month im dizzy or lightheaded all the time im hating people and events ,..i was not convinced that IBS can cause dizziness until i took Librax and i was healed but still from time to tome this feeling of fainting...my question is:Can IBS make you dizzy???is it the nerves of my stomach or something else?? ( i did aLl blood tests and scanner to my brain and theres nothing)i just want my life back i want my mind backim getting insanei hope ul help me cause no one wants to hear me anymore so i hope ill find someone who can really advice me or help ASAPplz!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS directly usually doesn't.However the Vagus nerve is sensitive to GI stimulus (some people without IBS can faint from a BM if they have vagus nerve issues).Abdominal pain and BM's are two of many stimuli that can set it off and when the vagus nerve reacts it can drop your blood pressure too much and cause dizziness and all sorts of too warm, too cool, clammy kinds of things leading up to a faint and some people will faint.If the dizziness is all the time rather than when IBS symptoms set it off you may need to have your inner ears evaluated or other things that cause persistent dizziness.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the same...i scanned my brain my ears and my neck...theres nothing...i got my pressure mesured so many times... its normalbut the proof that its from IBS is that when i started taking Librax i got so much better...but sometimes when iget lightheaded i have this feeling like you need to go to the toilet but really theres nothing,,,i dnt knw but IBS got my body so weak...it so good to have someone to talk to...thanks guys you made my life better!!!i would appreciate any advices or medical information...

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I have no medical information that says IBS causes some completely totally new kind of dizziness that is specific to IBS and IBS only. Most IBSers are not dizzy. It is not a symptom we all have in common. Here is vasovagal syncope info. Usually IBSers who faint have this disorder too (or some other disorder that causes fainting) and IBS symptoms trigger the VVS. Not that they have some kind of fainting that non-IBSers never have.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vasovagal-syncope/DS00806Blood pressure measured when they aren't triggering the vasovagal thing won't help. They need to do something like a tilt test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.