Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed with I.B.S and have had my Gaul blatter out , the symptoms I am dealing with are the regular I.B.S symptoms(terrible pains explosive diarrhea and the shivers after being sick) but I am also always tired and can sleep all day long , I have no energy or motivation to do anything also if I eat a fatty meal the next day I have bad chest pains.I am only 21 and my life has come to a stand still !!!! can anyone help me???????------------------

·
Registered
603 Posts
hi kerry,welcome.i will say,get a shrink(no offence).my sytomes started at age 19,(now 46)and i lost so many years,i didnt know what was happening to me,major depression,and the other symtomes.i tryed to hide in a bottle,if you know what i mean.dont put yourself thru that,learn right now your copeing skills.understand your body,and get as much info on the subject as you can.denny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kerry- welcome to the board.I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. Just try to remember that you will go thru bad cycles and good cycles.Squrts makes a really good point. A therapist can work with you so that you are not overcome with depression from your chronic illnesses. When I started seeing a shrink I began to realize how much I BLAMED MYSELF for this illness. Once I understood this I was able to learn coping skills that help with relaxation and aided me to let go of my control issues. It was hard at first to admit that I didn't cause this illness nor could I change it. But I'm finally learning that coping skills aid me in feeling as good as I can. Once I was able to change my thinking it helped change the feeling that "I just couldn't stand this anymore."Also get a good medical doc that you trust and who understands you and works with you as a team.Please keep us posted because we care. ^--^ FC

·
Registered
675 Posts
Kerry,I've been to shrinks too, for other issues, but I have found that reading books and educating myself thru this board and the IBS board helped my more than anything. You are very young, but in a way that's in your favor. I'm forty six, like Denny, and I'm sure he'll agree that it's a lot harder to come back after many years of illness. Plus, as you get older your resiliency is much less. Emotionally and physically you have lost a lot of energy.Find a good medical doctor who listens. Try medications and read, read, read!!! Also, keep a sense of humor. I could tell you IBS accident stories that would curl your hair!!But I have often retold them to my kids and we find a really humorous side to them now.Keep posting, we call care very much about you.love to all,mama-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts